[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Hey Greg,
    I like how you make all this stuff more expensive. But one point really pesters me : The iridium. It takes an awful ton of stuff to be created, and even the most basic of the machines to make it require it. Its rare as fuck. You need it for EVERY SINGLE HIGHTECH ITEM. This makes your mod kind of not worth the effort. Why pester with superexpensive quantum chests when you can take a barrel? Why make a fusion reactor when you can spam solars?

By the time you have all the iridium you need for the advanced machines, you have just THAT much of everything else that comes from mining that its not even worth constructing your devices anymore.

Basic Example. a 64x64 Quarry usually gives off 1 Iridium Ore.

Meanwhile
    ~30 diamonds
    ~10-15 stacks iron ore
    ~10-15 stacks tin ore
    ~2 stacks gold ore
    - a ton of lapis and redstone

so now you need 170 something iridium ore for the fusion reactor alone, until you have that, you have everything you will ever need of other mineables aswell.

Possible solutions :

- Make iridium spawn way more often (maybe just a brink rarer then diamonds)
    - some kind of conversion recipe (1 Diamond Block + 6 Carbon Plates + 2 Dense Copper Plates = 1 High-Tech Mesh, compress to 1 Iridium Ore)
    - strip the matterfabricator off its iridium cost and make it generate iridium cheaper then other UU_M (not 7x25.000.000 for one)

That'd be nice.

• All of those things can be changed in the config file.
    The only thing that cannot be changed is centrefuge speeds (Greg said he will not do this)

Imo a Per recipe speed for config would be pretty awesome though :P

• Hey Greg,
    I like how you make all this stuff more expensive. But one point really pesters me : The iridium. It takes an awful ton of stuff to be created, and even the most basic of the machines to make it require it. Its rare as fuck. You need it for EVERY SINGLE HIGHTECH ITEM. This makes your mod kind of not worth the effort. Why pester with superexpensive quantum chests when you can take a barrel? Why make a fusion reactor when you can spam solars?

By the time you have all the iridium you need for the advanced machines, you have just THAT much of everything else that comes from mining that its not even worth constructing your devices anymore.

Greg I mostly agree with what was said here. I do like your mod... but it seems that some of the changes you make remind me an awful lot of our government. They make big changes that dramatically impact the lives of us "little people"... but yet they don't live by those same set of changes themselves.

Have you tried starting from scratch and playing your mod? I know you spend a TON of time coding and that's AWESOME. Your mod updates faster and with new content more than any other mod I've seen, which again is AWESOME. But like wolfenstein19 says, naturally occurring Iridium is pretty rare. So in order to even attempt to do anything with iridium, you really need to build your matterfab first. And in order to get enough Iridium to do that, you have to strip mine a very large area of your world.

I understand your mod is intended to extend the "end game". But the goal line seems to be a couple of months time frame. Minecraft and other mods can change dramatically in a few months. What is in your opinion the average time that should be required to obtain a fusion reactor?

• Official Post

You put the version number in the zip file name!
    You broke the rule as you said you will never do that.
    Now you must ignore yourself :P
    Trolololo xD xD

Older Versions have a Versionnumber :P
    The most recent Version will never contain one.

P.S. Where do I find IDN-Crops and what's it for?

Cropcard-Section. As soon as I dont now updates his Thread.

Update NEI. NEI causes tons of random Poblems, and each Version has other Problems. The current Version doesnt show Furnacefuels correctly.

Basic Example. a 64x64 Quarry usually gives off 1 Iridium Ore.

3 Iridium-Ore*

- Make iridium spawn way more often (maybe just a brink rarer then diamonds)

Config

- some kind of conversion recipe (1 Diamond Block + 6 Carbon Plates + 2 Dense Copper Plates = 1 High-Tech Mesh, compress to 1 Iridium Ore)

Is "Lithiumcell + Wolframcell = Iridiumore" enough? *Troll*

- strip the matterfabricator off its iridium cost and make it generate iridium cheaper then other UU_M (not 7x25.000.000 for one)

Config

It's not mod conflict, I deleted near all big mods and still crashes...

NEI, like i said somewhere above.

Have you tried starting from scratch and playing your mod?

Yes. And i got a fair amount of Iridium from Quarries and IC²-Miners.

So in order to even attempt to do anything with iridium, you really need to build your matterfab first. And in order to get enough Iridium to do that, you have to strip mine a very large area of your world.

Theres still a Config for Iridiumore. The Defaultconfigs are just the hard Difficulty.

I understand your mod is intended to extend the "end game". But the goal line seems to be a couple of months time frame. Minecraft and other mods can change dramatically in a few months. What is in your opinion the average time that should be required to obtain a fusion reactor?

When you are on a Server with Chunkloading (or often afk in Singleplayer), then a Week or 2. I calculate with the Time a good Miner (myself) with an Automated Factory would need.

I have now to release 2.00b. Edit: Downloadlink online.

ItemID's are now massively improved. This Version will be upwardscompatible.

• Nice job.. Whens 1.4.3 going to be released?

trolololo :)

Ohh and no new Obf meaning no Forge 7.0 :P meaning 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 mods should work together hopefully.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Greg, can you add a use for gold, I was mining for 1 hour straight and got this:

Almost 8 stacks of gooooooooold almost 12 stacks of Iron 8o some silver, copper, tin and a bunch of titanium from advanced alloys. Also, 12 Iridium Ore :)
    A use for gold would be much appreciated since I don't know what to do with it.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

Yes! Finally can upgrade my server to 1.4.2.
    Also is it a bug or feature that the quantum chest only drops 1 stack of its contents on break?

Feature. Imagine the Lag of 10000 Stacks, being dropped from one Chest.

Nice job.. Whens 1.4.3 going to be released?

trolololo :)

Ohh and no new Obf meaning no Forge 7.0 :P meaning 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 mods should work together hopefully.

Lets hope there is no new Obfuscation, as i dont wanna update my MCP again. (took me 2 of the 3 hours i needed for updating the first time)

Almost 8 stacks of gooooooooold almost 12 stacks of Iron some silver, copper, tin and a bunch of titanium from advanced alloys. Also, 12 Iridium Ore
    A use for gold would be much appreciated since I don't know what to do with it.

Make a Beacon! Just kidding. save your Netherstars in a Chest. I will add a special scientific Generator for them. PS. I have normally also Tons of Iron and Copper.
    And yes, someone is really able to go Mining (unlike a few others who compalin about expensiveness here).

Has anyone a good Idea what to do with it? (except Circuits!)

Some people maybe already noticed that i've written something about a new Feature in 2.01a. It will be able to refill single Nuclearreactorslots perfectly!

• Just donated to my favorite mod maker. Thanks for all you do, I have loved keeping up with your development.

Capelistusername is michaelbrady.

Your writing style is catchingon!

• Has anyone a good Idea what to do with it? (except Circuits!)

Yes, make gold nugget a pre-requise for "Soda" soda are the new generation of potion and of course, are canned. I desesperatly need a "buff" mass fabrication line and it would be really nice to see this in PVP server, people trying to hide their "drugs" laboratory.

Well, that's only one idea ...

Marketing : Who's the best between someone with ultra-nano-quantum armor and someone with ultra-nano-quatum armor ? The one that use the best sodas !

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• Crash report version ( 2.00b) i do single test remove NEI but appear the same crash log (for discard)

Full log http://pastebin.com/VCJ7FTfT

• Official Post

Edit: Hrrm no Idea whats happening. You are using Forge 354+, or?

• I'm no expert, but shouldn't addSmelting of vm (which should be FurnaceRecipes afaik) be obfuscated too? In either case, I'm getting the same error on 1.4.2 with Forge 341. I'll try updating my Forge version next.

Edit:
    Works with 349, which is the current recommended version.

• just do with resources as i do, compress them into blocks, saved me tons of storage room space :D

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

Has anyone a good Idea what to do with it? (except Circuits!)

Additional to circuits gold is used in space and satellite technology. Also some nano technology stuff.
    IC2 introduced refined iron, there could also be something like refined or electrolytic gold as electronics need very pure gold.
    BTW. I also have several stacks of gold... stacks of goldblocks :p

• Can you also add some centrifuge recipe for ghast tears? I got a few of them but I don't do potions...

Also, the 1.4.2 update is going to change some IDs right? Of cells and ores? What will be the best way to fix my current stuff when I update? Should I just take note of what I have, delete them and spawn them back in with NEI or... Should I start a new world since other things might change aswell?

• Official Post

Hi Greg, did you change any object IDs? I upgraded my server and now may of your cell-types are gone or exchanged by IC2-credits... O_O

Like i mentioned EVERYWHERE, i changed some Items. The first 32 Items and a few others were compressed to 4 ItemID's with Damagevalue. This doesnt only save ItemID's. It also saves me tons of Time when adding "stupid" Items.

Can you also add some centrifuge recipe for ghast tears? I got a few of them but I don't do potions...

Also, the 1.4.2 update is going to change some IDs right? Of cells and ores? What will be the best way to fix my current stuff when I update? Should I just take note of what I have, delete them and spawn them back in with NEI or... Should I start a new world since other things might change aswell?

Cells, Gems, Credits, Dusts, Circuitry and Ingots were changed. But no Blocks.