[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

A significant number of people seems to like the mod, though. I see no reason to not include it at all (provided that those issues with the original author of IC2 get solved?), but I'd much rather have it with all the alternative recipes disabled by default

(provided that those issues with the original author of IC2 get solved?)

:huh: I think some of the people in the FTB thread are a little confused.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• The purpose of this Add On for IC2 is to make it harder (and higher). If people complain about this add-on to be to much hard, the best seems to not use it. For my part i use settings harder than what the add on use. If people complain about the game being to hard, let them play in creative mode ;)

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• hmmm i can't craft, nor find the blue satelite thing from the recipe image. I tried updating the mod and everything works just as it used to but i still can't find the thing. Because i don't know how it's called as it doesn't appear on either wikis i hope you get what i mean when i tell you the crafting recipe. That thing whatever it may be is crafted like this: 1x frequency transmitter, 1x Electric Circuit, 2x Alluminium ingots. Soooo what is this thing and why can't i craft it or find in the new neat creative inventory tab?

• Is it possible to differentiate between ocean water from other sources of water? If so, then an alternate method of obtaining uranium would be to extract it from seawater. Currently it would cost about 10x more to extract from seawater than from mining. Maybe have a thing that can extract minerals from sea water (maybe some sorta thing to check that it is getting water from the ocean?)

This would provide an alternate way to get more of the elements you use.

see http://www.seafriends.org.nz/oceano/seawater.htm#composition for details on the ratios naturally found, or you could base it off the current rarities in game (ie if iridium ore spawns once bet 5 chunks, have 1 iridium dust per 16*16*5*70 (90k ish) or so water units processed)

side note: a single thorium reactor with 2 quad cells and 6 reflectors feeding some recyclers and cobblegens making scrap boxes generates materials rather quickly.

I totally disagree. I have been playing with it this week with my Moderators from the Tekkit server and we all thought it was a bit overwhelming at first

I am thankful he put it in as it has taught everyone alot more than what was in tekkit 3.1.2

The people in the FTB thread are confusing me, there is still anti-Tekkit code, right?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• hmmm i can't craft, nor find the blue satelite thing from the recipe image. I tried updating the mod and everything works just as it used to but i still can't find the thing. Because i don't know how it's called as it doesn't appear on either wikis i hope you get what i mean when i tell you the crafting recipe. That thing whatever it may be is crafted like this: 1x frequency transmitter, 1x Electric Circuit, 2x Alluminium ingots. Soooo what is this thing and why can't i craft it or find in the new neat creative inventory tab?

Found it! "GregTech Sensorkit" You are missing an RE-Battery. I am on 2.04b and crafting worked for me. It also shows up in the GregTech creative tab.

Sorry it's not on the wiki yet. I don't have a lot of time on weekdays to document stuff for the wiki. I will try to get the new recipes up asap. Greg just adds things too quickly. Not that, it's a bad thing :P

• Official Post

hmmm i can't craft, nor find the blue satelite thing from the recipe image. I tried updating the mod and everything works just as it used to but i still can't find the thing. Because i don't know how it's called as it doesn't appear on either wikis i hope you get what i mean when i tell you the crafting recipe. That thing whatever it may be is crafted like this: 1x frequency transmitter, 1x Electric Circuit, 2x Alluminium ingots. Soooo what is this thing and why can't i craft it or find in the new neat creative inventory tab?

Its for compatiblity with Nuclear-Control-Addon, and exists only if Nuclear Control is loaded.

The people in the FTB thread are confusing me, there is still anti-Tekkit code, right?

Not in the Versions 1.00a to 1.08b and the unreleased 1.38b, which i have just for the case of Kakermix asking me (will most likely never happen).

Where do you go to change the lightningrodneedsthunder=true setting? I didn't find it in the config?

I needed it for testing, as Mystcraft-Stormages werent working back then.

Found it! "GregTech Sensorkit" You are missing an RE-Battery. I am on 2.04b and crafting worked for me. It also shows up in the GregTech creative tab.

Sorry it's not on the wiki yet. I don't have a lot of time on weekdays to document stuff for the wiki. I will try to get the new recipes up asap. Greg just adds things too quickly. Not that, it's a bad thing :P

Its only with Nuclear Control.

• That seems interesting, but you would probably distinct it by the biome.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Is it possible to differentiate between ocean water from other sources of water? If so, then an alternate method of obtaining uranium would be to extract it from seawater. Currently it would cost about 10x more to extract from seawater than from mining. Maybe have a thing that can extract minerals from sea water (maybe some sorta thing to check that it is getting water from the ocean?)

This would provide an alternate way to get more of the elements you use.

What ? I could agree for Deuterium Tritium but ... Uranium is maybe contained in seawater, but I guess the exctracting price is SO expensive that you couldn't get energy profits even with using it in Nuclear Reactor ^^. At least, if you really want something that create energy out of nothing (or almost nothing), there's greengen/Fusion Reactor.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Playing legit (without TMI/NEI/cheating the blocks+items in) with this addon is really VERY frustrating.
    Why you might ask?
    Because its (almost) *IMPOSSIBLE* to create a Fusionreactor legit.
    The problem is the chromedust for the Tier3 machine-blocks ;(
    You need 24 fusion-coils with 4 of those blocks each , 4 chrome each.
    You need 9 rubys (or is it rubies?) for a single piece of chrome.
    Thats 24*4*4*9 rubies = 3456 rubys
    Unless you like strip-mining whole desert-continents for weeks - its just frustrating to aquire so many rubys.
    Ok, you could use UUM to massfab rubies.
    That would be 7 UUM for 2 rubies = 12096 UUMs (189 full stacks of UUM) to create the needed rubys.
    BUT: If I could produce enough EU for 189 full stacks of UUM - why would or should I need a fusionreactor at all ?

And all that just for the chrome ; I am not talking about other needed materials here.

@greg: Could you *please* reduce the amount of rubys needed to create chrome?
    Maybe 1 or 2 ruby to create a piece of chrome - and not 9?
    And/or make a UUM-recipe for chromedust - without the need for 9 rubys.
    That would be much less frustrating in my opinion.

• It supposed to be an (current) endgame energy source. And if you want Infinite energy source, you also could use Grengen. And I see you decided to simply ignore my advice saying that it would be so energy-consuming to create Ura from seawater that you wouldn't get any energy benefit. (And for something very, very expensive in ressources.)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• As far as i know Redstone is one of these Resources, which you ever have to much.

Unless your making tons of Solar Pannels. (I remember lacking of redstone while I was Solar Spamming ^^ (It's no longer right for me ;) ) But ... it's always good nerfing undirectly Solar Pannels :D

And ... coding Seawater sources would change to many thing in my opinion.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Hi.

I've had a look at your mod. It's promosing and I installed it, however I have a few questions:

What is Bauxite used for?
    Is Ruby just used to get chrome, or are there other uses? Is this the only way to get chrome?
    I see Sapphire is used in an alternate recipe for laprotron crystal, but that's it's only use as far as i know?

I have had two 48x48 Quarrys running for a long time now and found plenty of stuff, but no single iridium ore yet.
    Are
    they intended to be THIS rare? Do i just increase IridiumProbability to
    make it appear more often (and re-generate my world)? Is that
    configuration linear, so increasing from 20 to 100 would mean one should
    be found in every chunk instead of just every 5th chunk on average?

I see a lot of images missing on http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…aft-Addons:GregTech-Addon and instead '32px' is displayed instead, apparently because of a Permission Error. Can you correct this?
    Also I can't find the item recipies on http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/ - can you add those there?
    Also in general some recepies seem to be missing, such as use of rubys for chrome.

As far as I can see it's needed to build a Matterfabricator and thus more iridum ore or other uu-matter stuff. It seemes it's needed in so much stuff in your mod .... I assume thats intentional?

Thanx in advance!

• Maybe you could add advanced versions of your machines based on the railcraft principe so a machine needs to be an actual structure.
    Maybe a centrifuge with 6 input and 6 output slots or something similar.

• Hmm, Ruby is used as substitute of Diamond in Energy Crystal Recipe, and bauxite can be processed in Industrial Centrifuge to produce something (don't remember what it is).. You can get Chrome by processing 9 ruby dust in Industrial Centrifuge, you also get 6 ruby dust from processing 64 redstone dust in that centrifuge; and I don't know how to convert Ruby Dust back to Ruby so don't macerate it unless you need to..

• Official Post

What is Bauxite used for?

Creating Aluminium and Titanium.

Is Ruby just used to get chrome, or are there other uses? Is this the only way to get chrome?

Its the only way as of now. You can ofcourse get Ruby Dust by centrifuging a Stack of Redstone (or by Redpower)

I see Sapphire is used in an alternate recipe for laprotron crystal, but that's it's only use as far as i know?

Thats correct. I have not much uses for it.

I have had two 48x48 Quarrys running for a long time now and found plenty of stuff, but no single iridium ore yet.

Bad luck. I had a 64x64 once and got 4 Ores + 1 I found on the Ground, so that i was able to silktouch it away, before the Quarry wouldve mined it.

they intended to be THIS rare? Do i just increase IridiumProbability to make it appear more often (and re-generate my world)? Is that configuration linear, so increasing from 20 to 100 would mean one should be found in every chunk instead of just every 5th chunk on average?

Yes, its linear.

I cant correct the Pictures on the Wiki as the only one, who can do that is offline.

Also I can't find the item recipies on - can you add those there?

There is a Dropboxlink on the wiki, which shows the most recent Recipes. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/88825306/GT_Recipes.PNG
    Since that thing got kinda hidden by the friendly Guys from the Wiki, i will place it in the Thread again.

Also in general some recepies seem to be missing, such as use of rubys for chrome.

All the Centrifuge-Recipes are listed in the Computercube ingame. Also there is an integrated NEI-Plugin which shows it.

As far as I can see it's needed to build a Matterfabricator and thus more iridum ore or other uu-matter stuff. It seemes it's needed in so much stuff in your mod .... I assume thats intentional?

You assume right.

And can you tell what will be in the next update of fashion

The Updates for today will contain improved Code and other general improvements, like 100% automatical registration of valuable Ores for the IC²-Miner.

• >>You can aquire tons of Rubydust by centrifuging Redstone. As far as i
    know Redstone is one of these Resources, which you ever have to much.

Actually using redstone instead of ruby-gems does *NOT* make it better(?).
    You need a total of 384 (24*4*4) chrome for the fusioncoils.
    You need 1,5 stacks of redstone (=96 pieces) for one single piece of chrome.
    Thats 36864 (96*384) pieces of redstone = 576 full stacks.
    How many months would I need finding+mining those?
    Redstone is more common than ruby (I think) - but thats still way too much material for the chrome...
    Combined with the ruby and UUMs its better than only using ruby - but lets be honest : Its still insane ;(