[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Minecraft has crashed!
    Everything was working completely fine, and everything was perfect, updated to 1.4.5 (as recommenced), so I wanted to try GregTech, and it crashes.
    Crash log has been attached.
    EDIT: seems that a block ID was taken up by Forestry (the one for stained glass). You may want to fix that later...
    P.S. it was
    block ID #4095
    EDIT2: changed forestry stained glass ID to 1337. Works fine now. Great mod, it adds a whole new meaning to ''Industrialization''!

• Minecraft has crashed!
    Everything was working completely fine, and everything was perfect, updated to 1.4.5 (as recommenced), so I wanted to try GregTech, and it crashes.
    Crash log has been attached.
    EDIT: seems that a block ID was taken up by Forestry (the one for stained glass). You may want to fix that later...
    P.S. it was
    block ID #4095
    EDIT2: changed forestry stained glass ID to 1337. Works fine now. Great mod, it adds a whole new meaning to ''Industrialization''!

Ok, I also got these random ID-crashes until I did this:
    Use the latest version of all the mods, do a clean install with forge 408 (which is suitable for most forge mods/add-on), delete all configs

I believe there won't be ID crashes any more for the forge mods..

EDIT: might screw your save game..

• Official Post

Greg, do your centrifuges blow up bigger than other machines when given 128eu/t? I was upgrading from MFE -> MFSU and did the classic ic2 derp of forgetting my LV transformer. 3 of your centrifuges took out the greater part of my basement 8|

Every Machine of GregTech explodes the exact same way. Explosion Size depends soley on the amount of EU from the Packet.

Quick request... any chance you might be willing to make the Quantum Safes harder to break than a piece of dirt? Sucks when you have 7 million items in a chest, and suddenly, they no longer exsist. Maybe have it take as long as a piece of reinforced glass. Was thinking it might be nice to have it act like the personal safe and require a wrench and be empty, but depending on how much is in it, that could be difficult, lol.

Tja, your problem is that you are not using the Mining Tools properly. Or do you always run around with Scissors in your Hands? I assume not.

And why does everyone complain about the explosiveness/blockbreakability of my Machines? Are you all not able to use the Mouse properly, or to think before connecting the 1000000EU/p-Superconductor to the small electric Buffer? [/ridiculous example]

Had one other question... is there any chance there might be a config added for the EU consumption of the Jackhamer? I was working on a display piece in one of my mystcraft worlds where I was mining everything away except for the ores so some o fthe newer players can see how ore generation looks and was totally excited when I saw this get added. Excitement was crushed a little when I learned that it only mines trash blocks, but takes so much more power per block than a regular diamond drill...

The EU-Usage depends on the Jackhammer itself. The cheapest one is much better to use in regards of EU, than the Mining Drill.

Hi,
    Why when I using the industrial centrifuge my FPS drop from 60 to 25-30? (and the animation change the velocity or the direction if you see it from different angles).

There is a Config for Animations. Turn it OFF.
    I will fix that Graphical Update Lag somewhen in a second attempt. (First one were ending in infinite Lag)

• As far as I can tell, I don't see any documentation that shows which is the maximum EU per packet each machine in GregTech can handle. The wiki guy/wikispace people, mind adding that?

• Do you have any plans for being able to upgrade thorium calls into uranium cells?

I was just thinking that perhaps some kind of combination of plutonium + thorium = depleted uranium; originally as one plutonium surrounded by eight thorium would yield eight or nine depleted uranium. This would cause the recipe to be a lossy one, even when taking into account uranium's 25% chance of reverting to depleted, with the recipe loosing 1-2 uranium cells-worth of EU (depending on whether the recipe yields 8 or 9 uranium) + 1 UUM

Although, one obvious problem with this would be the fact that you can easily just enrich the uranium, combine it with UUM, and BAM! Four times the energy from thorium... However, this would also generate massive mounts of heat, which brings its own design challenges vs burning the uranium as-is.

If you don't like turning thorium into so much plutonium, though, then you can always either bring the uranium yield way down, or you could add a new enrichment process for thorium, or simply a new form of throium, which would yield a cell equivalent to uranium in all ways EXCEPT that it cannot be upgraded to plutonium.
    Or you could just make the recipe yield two plutonium instead of uranium. (or three plutonium, if you don't think the operation should be at-loss)

• @above, converting plutonium into uranium in any way is a waste altogether. Plutonium makes more Eu than plutonium.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• 1 question: how can i disable the part where i get only 2 bronze instead of 4???

You don't, didn't you see the message that is given upon loading a new version of GregTech?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Plutonium makes more Eu than plutonium.

I... wat is this I don't even, does the capital P mean that it will make more EU?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• @above, converting plutonium into uranium in any way is a waste altogether. Plutonium makes more Eu than plutonium.

You might want to correct that one. I believe you were trying to say: "Plutonium makes more Eu than Uranium."

• Im oke with balancing a mod and adding new stuff but not with changing how other mods work....I mean forestry is using a lot of bronze for all the machines....
    Does at least has permission from Sengir???
    At least now i know whats with the Message from Sengir that hi added to forestry

• Im oke with balancing a mod and adding new stuff but not with changing how other mods work....I mean forestry is using a lot of bronze for all the machines....

It's either forestry takes a hit on bronze, or an exploit is left in that allows people to create infinte bronze and tin using a centrifuge, your choice.

• It's either forestry takes a hit on bronze, or an exploit is left in that allows people to create infinte bronze and tin using a centrifuge, your choice.

Blame the difference between bronzes you get from IC2 dusts (original recipe of vanilla IC2) and forestry.. Idk which one added bronze first.. I think we should follow the first mod that add bronze..

btw, to disable search this config at feature
    B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true

change it to false
    regenerate config if it's not there..

• I just started playing with the last version what do you mine infinite bronze??? i know you can centrifuge lava to get 8 tin or something but not bronze???
    And tnx noskk

• I seem to have a problem with supercondensators, they are not outputting their energy to superconductorcables, if redstoned, they just store up the energy(checked with debugitem), BUT if i place a HV cable on the output side only 1 block in the place of a superconductor (it goes poof ofc) and THEN connect a superconductorcable it works fine. very strage but im guessing thats a quirk of the E-NET.

playing on forge 6.4.1.436, IC 1.109, Gregtech 255b

• I just started playing with the last version what do you mine infinite bronze??? i know you can centrifuge lava to get 8 tin or something but not bronze???
    And tnx noskk

GregTech bronze centrifuge recipe is just the reverse of IC2 bronze making recipe.. 1 bronze to 6 tp copper (1.5 copper) , 2 tp tin (0.5 tin)

You used to be able to do this:

• There is a Config for Animations. Turn it OFF.
    I will fix that Graphical Update Lag somewhen in a second attempt. (First one were ending in infinite Lag)

I use this config>

Code
    general {
        B:Animations=false
        B:Debug=false
        B:ShowCapes=true
        I:SpecialDebugMode=0
    }

But the animations continue ignoring my config

EDIT> it seams that the animation continue because it was working when I shutdown MC. when I set it to false, and the machine stop, then the animation does not begin again.

• Search it @ feature
    B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true change it to false

Wow, I saw the message today and I swear it said that exactly this would never happen.