[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Its still lava, there were no cells in the input, so in a way, the centrifuge was making a cell from nothing(or much less actually crafting something instead of throwing out the contents)

Edit: i looked at the recipe recently and saw it was fixed, also saw there is a new slot for lava (Hmmm ?( )

yeah, the sole reason of that slot is so that you can pump lava via bc pipes/TE conduits to it, and process 64 lava stills for tins and coppers.. same for the H2O slot in the Industrial Electrolyzer..

• Don't hate on this, but what about being able to make 'iron' golems from aluminum or other ore blocks, just having a constant potion effect on them based on composition metal. Like Swiftness I from aluminum or Strength II from titanium... Stuff like that.

Greg has said before, no entities anytime soon. Your suggestion... is denied for now.

• yeah, the sole reason of that slot is so that you can pump lava via bc pipes/TE conduits to it, and process 64 lava stills for tins and coppers.. same for the H2O slot in the Industrial Electrolyzer..

Well I know what I'm doing with all this extra lava I have from the nether... I got a railcraft tank full of 10,368 buckets worth of the stuff lol... and this is usually used for geo-thermal power generation and Thermal Expansion Magmatic engines, though the engines will probably go once I get some industrial steam engines or forestry electric engines going. The again I'll probably use the steam for steam turbine. Out of all the engines for buildcraft power, the Transformers addon and Forestry's Electric engines with bronze tubed circuits are the best to use.

• For hayo-ish energy storage, electrolyzed water should be a liquid which electrolyzers can output as an option, which can be turned back into normal water and energy by another machine.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Not sure if this is a gregtech or NEI error, so I'm posting on both

• Try downgrading to CCC 0.6.11 and NEI 1.4.2.10, I had the same issue earlier this week when I tried latest CCC and NEI.

It crashes if you look at recharging receipes involving redstone/lapis atleast.

• Don't be a n00b and whine for the highest tier item in the game to be made easier. Just build a fully automated enderman killer, and you'll receive dozens of pearls a second.

All one is is a platform in the end that is located out of chunk loading range of the island. Run high voltage cables in the floor. Due to location, dozens of endermen will spawn there per second, and they die to the extreme voltage you run through the cables. (you can generate the power you need with wind mills)

Collect the pearls on the ground somehow, I think one of the gregtech blocks sucks items up, if not, figure something out.

Is that seriously what it takes? That's horrendous. And your proposed solution to get all those pearls is terrible. You might as well have a high-tier item that takes a million dirt to make. You can just farm all the dirt with quarries, right?

• Greg, time to obfuscate your code!

Or just ask a mod from the Clusterfuck Forums to delete it (Although I doubt you would want to do that.)

• From Greg's profile (emphasis mine):

@Tekkit-Forum-Members: Lol, I found out, that you were decompiling my Code, to get it to work. I have nothing against that, but the Code is inside the Main File for a good reason, as you have to decompile it everytime I update. Muahahahaha!!! I dunno why you are not just installing all the Mods themselfes (copy from Tekkit into the regular .minecraft), as that is much easier, than decompiling.

So stop trying to start drama you ... detestable people.

• Just a note, it's the end users of tekkit that are trying to play the mod and manually Aadd it to their mods. It is NOT tekkit creators that are trying to add it to the pack. There is a HUGE difference there.

• Well, at least the link to the download file is death now..

@Be cell, hmm endermen farming in the end.. interesting....or you can just use the ender bees..or use soulshard mod+kills 1000 endermen..or if it's that hard you can always use EE3, 1 ender pearl per 4 irons..

• Well, at least the link to the download file is death now..

@Be cell, hmm endermen farming in the end.. interesting....or you can just use the ender bees..or use soulshard mod+kills 1000 endermen..or if it's that hard you can always use EE3, 1 ender pearl per 4 irons..

That's besides the point. Dedicating yourself to a single item like that isn't fun. Or rewarding. Starting out in Industrialcraft was fun. Copper, tin, and iron, were all necessary starting ingredients, but you would find them all while exploring the same caves. Even once you went to go look for uranium, you could still use those metals. Not to mention redstone, gold, and lapis. Industrialcraft is built intelligently, in that acquisition of new materials usually resulted in opportunities to gather more lower-tiered materials along the way. When you grew out of using coal as a fuel, you started using it as either solar panel material, or to make carbon fiber plates.

GregTech is not built nearly as intelligently. Aluminum dust is an extremely common byproduct, but aluminum ingots have very few uses except to replace refined iron- but when I first got the ability to make those ingots, it was difficult enough to make them that I didn't want to use it for anything other than the things only it can do, which is, basically, batteries. And once it becomes trivial to make aluminum ingots, I'll have more than enough iron, so what's the point? Chrome and titanium are even worse. They're essential for a bunch of machines, but only ruby dust and bauxite produce them, respectively. It was time-consuming and laborious to produce my first matter fabricator, but Greg got rid of the only thing that made the mass fabricator special (iridium) and replaced it with expensive ways to get things I could get by exploring. And the technological leap to the next useful machine is so great that I might as well not bother.

• That's besides the point. Dedicating yourself to a single item like that isn't fun. Or rewarding. Starting out in Industrialcraft was fun. Copper, tin, and iron, were all necessary starting ingredients, but you would find them all while exploring the same caves. Even once you went to go look for uranium, you could still use those metals. Not to mention redstone, gold, and lapis. Industrialcraft is built intelligently, in that acquisition of new materials usually resulted in opportunities to gather more lower-tiered materials along the way. When you grew out of using coal as a fuel, you started using it as either solar panel material, or to make carbon fiber plates.

GregTech is not built nearly as intelligently. Aluminum dust is an extremely common byproduct, but aluminum ingots have very few uses except to replace refined iron- but when I first got the ability to make those ingots, it was difficult enough to make them that I didn't want to use it for anything other than the things only it can do, which is, basically, batteries. And once it becomes trivial to make aluminum ingots, I'll have more than enough iron, so what's the point? Chrome and titanium are even worse. They're essential for a bunch of machines, but only ruby dust and bauxite produce them, respectively. It was time-consuming and laborious to produce my first matter fabricator, but Greg got rid of the only thing that made the mass fabricator special (iridium) and replaced it with expensive ways to get things I could get by exploring. And the technological leap to the next useful machine is so great that I might as well not bother.

2 weeks ago I restarted my world in 1.4.5, I have to say it's pretty similar to IC2, you would need to make low tier things first from the lowest one which is ind. centrifuge to ind. blast furnace tier 1, tier 2(to make the diamond drill that requires titanium).. and finally to the matter fabricator..and now I'm a bit bored because I am only afk-ing in the game waiting for the UUM for Iridium (and you also need gun powders for the Iridium plates, either from vanilla creeper farm or quarrying for saltpeter), but hey at least there's something to reach afterwards(Fus. Reactor)..

It's all the same with vanilla IC2 you have fun until you stuck with AFK-ing waiting for your UUM to produce something (takes around 2-3 days to reach this point) and probably the only thing you can do after you reach that point is making more solar panels..the main difference is that in GregTech you need longer time to reach the boringness of it.... it's like an extension of vanilla IC2, but at least in GregTech I have something to do after the matterfabricator part..

Regarding to aluminium, I always use it for any possible kind of refined iron substitutes, i.e the mixed metal ingot and the circuits.. and probably will use it for other stuff like making the endermen farming using non-solar free energy in the end..and no you don't have enough irons if you haven't reached the end game, multiple full railcraft tanks (9 x 9 x 8 ) and solar panels will still blow your iron resources..I always run out of irons and circuits..maybe because of the enormous amount of solar panels and other stuff :(..

Chrome is fine, you won't need much of it (stacks) to reach the matterfabricator part.. you probably only need a lot of it to make the fusion reactor set up.. and no it's not the end.. there's more to come in the future (Greg's own dimension)..

• GregTech is not built nearly as intelligently. Aluminum dust is an extremely common byproduct, but aluminum ingots have very few uses except to replace refined iron- but when I first got the ability to make those ingots, it was difficult enough to make them that I didn't want to use it for anything other than the things only it can do, which is, basically, batteries. And once it becomes trivial to make aluminum ingots, I'll have more than enough iron, so what's the point? Chrome and titanium are even worse. They're essential for a bunch of machines, but only ruby dust and bauxite produce them, respectively. It was time-consuming and laborious to produce my first matter fabricator, but Greg got rid of the only thing that made the mass fabricator special (iridium) and replaced it with expensive ways to get things I could get by exploring. And the technological leap to the next useful machine is so great that I might as well not bother.

I agree, but only to some point. IC2 is well tought out but only until you reach the poing where you have a massfabricator and enough energy. If you want to extend the game and keep it challenging, then a lot needs to be changed. Of course greg had to introduce new items/ingots/ores that are harder to obtain then existing ones. I also think it's not optimal that some of them only have one or two usecaes. But the only alternative to that is to completely restart with a new mod, call it IC3 (or better something else :p) and create all items based on the new end game plan.
    Also keep in mind that releasing of gregtech is totally different than IC2 releasing. If greg would release only after his mod is finished... oh I wouldn't wanna wait that long ;)