~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• sweet, I really hope its a lot and I mean a LOT more expensive then what Quantium and nano are.. They both are a bit op as is with Greg's techline. But then again even Greg likes it easy :P

Well, the armor itself is useless without modules. Most modules take more than 1 of various components, and I'm adding a few more components as well.

Speaking of, I will need to make recipes for:
    -Hologram projector (for cosmetic and part of HUD upgrades - imho, this should be cheap and can probably use the vanilla recipe. 1 glowstone 5 glass and 1 of each dye)
    -Carbon myofibers (artificial carbon fiber-based muscles for jump assist, sprint assist, and soon weight compensation - I'm going to add base weight amounts to each module)
    -Force field generators (for energy shields, entity magnet...)

I can probably figure it out but any assistance would be appreciated :)

• May I chime in then? :P

Again, suggestions, but here's in the spirit of my previous post:

This is so much fun.

• ok, I took your advice^ and it's up :) http://universalelectricity.com/?m=modular_powersuits

Added some custom rendering as well:

I had to change the recipes a bit because there's no oredict entry for neutronreflector or heat vent, so I used 4 field emitters instead. Added neutronreflectors to the recipe, but used 2 field emitters instead of 3 adv. heat vents.

Also on second glance I accidentally made field emitters cost gregtech computercubes instead of energy flow circuits... Fixed!

• I can see a lot of potential in this mod. Keep it up!

Platinum, I think, is one of the least conductive metals.
    Copper - 59.5 million 1/ohm-metre
    Platinum - 9.43 million 1/ohm-metre
    Silver - 62.9 million 1/ohm-metre
    Gold - 22.4 million 1/ohm-metre
    Aluminium - 37.7 million 1/ohm-metre
    Therefore, maybe add a Myofibre Strengthening Alloy, which would be:
    3 parts Copper (it has a higher melting point than silver), 3 parts Platinum and 3 parts Tungsten/Iridium (for high melting point and strength)? (See attachment)
    It would need to be made in a Rolling Machine if Railcraft is installed.
    After that, it must be placed in an Industrial Grinder (no liquids are necessary), and supplied 9600 EU at 40 EU/t to be grinded into Myofibre Strengthening Dust.
    (Alternatively, it could be macerated 15 times in a standard Macerator, costing 12 000 EU if un-overclocked).
    Additionally, if you are planning to make this be smelted/compressed into something, use GT's Industrial Blast Furnace/Implosion Compressor.
    Finally, add a recipe to centrifuge the dust into its components.

• I admit, I've been nervous about using Universal Electricity since I first saw it early in development. But you have convinced me to finally install it. Great addon, couldn't resist using it :thumbup:

• Actually, if Gregtech has some kind of conductive gel or maybe wax, that would be a lot closer to what is used in real artificial muscles. If not, we can figure something out from combining, say, copper or silver dust with something...

• Actually, if Gregtech has some kind of conductive gel or maybe wax, that would be a lot closer to what is used in real artificial muscles. If not, we can figure something out from combining, say, copper or silver dust with something...

Something made with Silicon ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Something made with Silicon ?

Good call...yes. Silver+silicon+water perhaps...Glycerol, salt...actually, I'm liking this 'refine something existing, but a lot' idea. Could make glycerol a centrifuge output of biofuel? Then combine that with silver dust to make the conductive gel, combine that with the carbon fibers to make artificial muscles?

• Got around to install and play a bit with this mod today and i have to say it's really fun.

Between the parachute, the jetpack, and the glider, you can come pretty close. I'll see about adding a couple more options that can make aerial building easier.

It can! Although the tools will only draw power from the chest piece currently, while my power tool will draw power from any equipped item. I might try to do something about this if it becomes an issue for people.

Actually for me it seems to draw from the boots with 0.1.21 (didn't try latest version) :P
    Anyway, that is great, filling another niche left by the other mods not-super-expensive armor that provides both protection and power.

Some suggestions:

A graphical indicator for charge level on the items.
    Some kind of preview of the weight and other parameters before installing modules in the table.
    EU reader module
    Hover mode for the jetpack (a-la ic2 jetpack)
    Mining laser module!
    Night vision module
    Backpack module (that expands the inventory of the player) - not sure how much of a PITA that's gonna be to code :P
    Some kind of module that allows to charge or discharge items by clicking an energy storage block

Anyway, great mod, keep up the good work :)

• Another idea that springs to mind that may or may not be useful in this mod is either a tool that is basically a handheld version of the tinker table (tinker tool?) or a module for the power tool but that does not let you add and remove modules from your armour but does let you edit the settings on the armour so the amount of power being given to a module on the fly.

• Most of these are on the list already :P I should update it on here.
    -EU reader and charge/discharge will go in the IC2 compatability package.
    -hover mode & night vision depends on keybinds, which are my top priority now
    -There won't be a direct ripoff of the mining laser I don't think. Instead there will be weapons which have roughly similar effect on blocks as the different mining laser modes: sonar drill for something like the scattershot (maybe with a bit of random maceration thrown in), electric arc for superheat, maybe a railgun which has a strong knockback but creates a long-ranged projectile, etc.
    -More inventory slots is something I really wanted to do before I started working on this, but in my travels I have learned that unfortunately there's no way to code it in a way that it will show up properly in GUIs, because they all bind the slots individually. The closest I can get it is something like a mix of creative+ in NEI and bag of holding in Factorization: have a separate inventory that's 'hidden' but you can swap it out using a HUD overlay. (e.g. save/load). That has a strong chance of producing a duplication bug, but I'll try to be careful :)

Anyway, great mod, keep up the good work :)

Another idea that springs to mind that may or may not be useful in this mod is either a tool that is basically a handheld version of the tinker table (tinker tool?) or a module for the power tool but that does not let you add and remove modules from your armour but does let you edit the settings on the armour so the amount of power being given to a module on the fly.

Keybinds coming soon!!

• I like your suggestion way more than mine :P
    I was trying to avoid new items, for spriter nightmare, but it seems like you've already gotten that one nailed. That was the only recipe that I wasn't completely sold on.

EDIT:

Okay, for anyone concerned (Kane) for the difficulty of the Gregtech recipes, here's some math. ONE ion thruster requires:

WARNING! PROBABLY INCORRECT NAPKIN MATH AHEAD! WARNING!

•~60 Iridium ore (item)(you're left with a few extra parts)
    •16 Berylium Cells
    •548 Copper Ingots
    •256 Coal Dust
    •256 Tin Dust
    •6 Chrome Ingots
    •3 Helium Cells/NaK Cells/60k Coolant Cells
    •6 Tungsten Ingots
    •12 Tin Ingots
    •12 Steel Ingots
    •36 Silver Ingots
    •60 Advanced Alloys
    •16 Diamond Dust
    •256 ITNT (For compressing the Iridium Plates)
    •120 Lapis Lazuli
    •20 Blue Sapphires
    •40 Elec. Circuits (or equivalent)

For ONE thruster! You need 4 for a jetpack, 2 for jet boots and 1 for swim assist! You're going to have to have a fusion reactor, powered by high power, creating iridium. You'll need a factory to create ITNT from cells or soul sand, and gravel. You'll need either an array of Miners, a couple quarries, or a huge Tunnel Bore for the raw resources. Planning an efficient strategy for creating only a few of these thrusters will require good thought and execution.

And that's awesome.

• Sounds a bit easy but looks like its for sure getting there ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.