Handheld Laser Mining Device ( HLMD ) Not like vanilla mining laser.

• I have an idea which born when i were playing in thaumcraft 3.

I allways were mining with excavation wand, it was very easy to use, and mine, also visual effects were nice. So there it goes:

-Weapon model can be 3d ( Aka portalgun, and mining device from powered suits )
    -It will constantly drain energy from your Lappack ( Or other energy storage device. ) to sustain a laser.
    -Can be upgraded with tractor beam to scoop your mined ore.
    -Visual effects similar to thaumcraft 3 Excavation rod ( Laser can be red/green/blue/purple. Eve online lasers had influence on it too. )
    -HLMD will have slots for upgrades, red/green/blue/purple laser lens, which will add more, and more power, also will extend the range of laser, energy usage too.
    -Flesh cutting device, which will allow you to kill mobs with it. ( More meat will drop if you kill animals with it 8) )
    -Overcharge device, will allow to set width of the laser to mine 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 but will GREATLY incrase energy consumption, 2/3/4x more energy used than if you were mining each block manually.
    -Water vaporizer upgrade, will allow to "mine" water, it will fill your cells with water. ( Could be usefull if you found an oil deposit from buildcraft :D )

I don't want to download whole mod like thaumcraft 3, just to enjoy one item. IC2 is far more interesting. I think that this item can be included into vanilla IC2, or someone can use my idea to make an addon to it.

This can be made as an module to Powered armors mod.

Thanks for reading, and let people know about this idea

EFFECTS:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

On this movie you can see the effect. Two rotating lasers which cut into the asteroid, or smash it into small rocks which is then sucked into the device. It will be constant beam as you can see on the movie, without short "cooldown" breaks.

Yes, i am a mining fan, since i have all mining ships in Eve online. I like to mine, but in eve it's booring as hell. I think that this addition will be great for community, it will add a bit effects, and utilities, which other people will enjoy. Actually i enjoy mining with thaumcraft 3 Excavation rod, but it's non modular, and i need to download whole mod just for this one item. So i wrote all this idea, for someone capable of making it a reality, i really want it to be in IC2 itself.

• That's a pretty good idea. Having a permanent but weaker laser sounds totally fine to me.

You can never have enough Medli IC2.

• Yea... sound good.

Weaker mining laser with more functionalities and room for upgrades, making it useless at combat, but more useful at mining if you prefer functionalities over speed.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I support this, it always bugged me that the laser shot a bolt and not a beam.

I would even support this just being an addition to the current mining laser.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• The sound-based weapon I have planned is actually pretty similar to this... :) Hope it will make a good compromise.

One thing i would like to see would be a handheld railgun. Expensive. High energy consumption. Activate it, you hear some awesome sound effects, the weapon charges up and fires a small aluminium charge at near light speed, causing huge kinetic damage.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Official Post

One thing i would like to see would be a handheld railgun. Expensive. High energy consumption. Activate it, you hear some awesome sound effects, the weapon charges up and fires a small aluminium charge at near light speed, causing huge kinetic damage.

Mini gun would be better.
    The Current one is a little derpy (No offence MM)

• Official Post

*technically appears* Naw, the Gau-8 Avenger would be even more fun to shoot with. The size of it however is...
    You have to see it yourself.

Wow that thing is big.