[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• I don't know if this came up but here is my suggestion:

It concerns renewable generators. Is it possible to add fault mechanism to those generators. Similarly as bees die of randomly in forestry.
    Once the generator is broken, it could be repaired with appropriate tools. (Solar panel with soldering iron, wind and water mill with hammer and wrench)

Mean period of breaking in minecraft days can be set in options. It sould be based on time the generator has been operating, not just on time passed.

• I don't know if this came up but here is my suggestion:

It concerns renewable generators. Is it possible to add fault mechanism to those generators. Similarly as bees die of randomly in forestry.
    Once the generator is broken, it could be repaired with appropriate tools. (Solar panel with soldering iron, wind and water mill with hammer and wrench)

Mean period of breaking in minecraft days can be set in options. It sould be based on time the generator has been operating, not just on time passed.

Meh ... remind me of something *breakdown mechanics* ... I think the argument atm is that only MB gen have such a counter, in order not to be laggy.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• be maintenance free localized power gen.

That's the point. LOCALIZED. They can be maintenance free UNTIL THEY CAN BE USED AS "general" generators. So, I guess his point was just to nerf them, which I agree with :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I suggest replacing iridium with helium cells in the superconductor recipes. Iridium is a strong material but it's not really necessary for a superconductor.

Also adding advanced fabrication mechanics for circuits would be neat like requiring a boule spinning machine for advanced circuits and a foundry multiblock for anything higher. Maybe it's configurable to not be necessary but at the very least it will be a more efficient use of resources.

• Official Post

Iridium is not needed for most things, but it is there just for the sake "it is a rare material".
    Want a real "high-temperature" super conductor? Go for Yttrium Barium Copper Oxide (YBa2Cu3O7), which allows the usage of liquid nitrogen as cooling, instead of liquid helium.

• Also as of right now there's no real mod that actually handles frames the way redpower did. This is a pretty big thing but I feel like the scale of the projects that frames are used for is up gregtech alley. Adding systems to keep the frameships airborne or integration of pipes/wiring/redstone into the frames so you can route items, steam, EU, and control around the frame.

• Also as of right now there's no real mod that actually handles frames the way redpower did

In what way? Redstone in Motion does pretty much everything RP2 frames did (except power usage I think but I haven't checked it in months) and MUCH more in a significantly less hacky/buggy way.

• Official Post

Can we get an air powered implosion compressor like [1.6.2 SMP/SSP] FrogCraft 1.6.2 - Bring industrial chemistry to Minecraft! added? Crafting iTNT is really annoying.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If GregTech can make machines, why not use those machine products to make vehicles?

Just think of it Greg, Anti-Gravity Vehicles! WipEout in Minecraft, GregTech style! Since we have Horses now, why not apply that to Hovercrafts?

• I have playing gregtech now for a while. I am mid way through the tech tree now. For me the major source of frustration was not knowing how to get stuff.
    I will give you an example: I want to have a drill as I am used to from IC2. I think hey I have most of the stuff. But then realize that those plates are actually stainless steel. After fighting with NEI for like 30 minutes it dawns on me that this tech has moved way way back in the tech tree.

Another example: I struggle regularly with alloy recipes. Do I need the alloy smelter for this or not. Cupronickel apparently does need it. At least if you are thinking of dusts. But if you are lucky then you notice that cu + ni gives you 6 small piles. I spent like 20 minutes today to figure it out again because I forgot.

This shows the major problem with gregtech. Documentation is absolutly horrible! Most people complain that gregtech is hard because it does not give them what they want. But in reality it simply does not show them how to get it. You have to funnel through outdated documentation and NEI which is simply not made for such complex recipes.
    I understand the reason for this. The mod evolves really fast, so it is hard to keep up with documentation.

So here is what we really need: An automated tool that generates the documentation during the mod gets loaded. The mod has to know the recipes of all machines eventually. So why not output this information as html (or even simpler csv) after the mod finished loading. The gretech-tree would be generated by iterating over all gregtech/ic2 machines and tools and looking where in the crafting chain it depends on non workbench recipes. These recipes belong to a machine (the mod knows which one that is) which then itself has serveral dependencies which then either trail of into compleetly vanilla items or hit a non workbench recipe itself. This gives a nice depency tree which also shows the tech levels. The mod has to only hint some small stuff like machine casings so that they appear in the tech tree too.

Since you scan all recipes anyways it might not be to time consuming to add such an export. Others would happily pick up the information and maybe even write an achivement plugin based on this.

• "Congratulations, Technician, for discovering the recipe for your first Generator, you have made a valuable contribution to my research, and for that, Humanity/Ponykind is starting to look up to you."

Wouldn't you be encouraged to push on by opening a book containing this passage, when you craft your first generator? What if you got a similar message of praise, when you create one of each machine? Would you press on in the name of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics?

The thing is GregTech doesn't praise and encourage players for crafting machines of the Bronze Age, and beyond. You may know the recipe and struggle for your first small coal boiler, but do you gain something for your initiative? NO! You just craft a piece of junk, without any clue on how to use it without killing yourself.

Greg, I suggest that you give players a token of contribution in the form of writing. Operator's Manuals for each machine, with a word of praise in the beginning. Perhaps something witty to compliment the Machine crafted.

• Greg any chance of having a "integrated circuits fabrication machine" that makes circuits & chips. You could have different types circuits used in your machines. I do like the Assembling Machine but it's does so much (too much) and the complexity of crafting circuits should be done with a different more complex machine. (It should also have to use solder)

• Official Post

Suggestion :
    Allow generators (fuel-based) to be upgradeable.
    Overclockers : EU/t output * 2^n, EU per fuel *0,9^n
    Battery : Guess what
    Tank : Increases internal tank by 32 buckets. [up to 4]

Allow Bronze Blast Furnaces to accept heating coils,thus increasing its speed for every coil input (10-20-40%)

• Official Post

Allow Bronze Blast Furnaces to accept heating coils,thus increasing its speed for every coil input (10-20-40%)

Add bronze, iron and nickel coils to do it, Nichrome seems far too advanced for a bronze machine. You could use them in the steam furnace + smelter too :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.