[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Also slowly recharge your health given there is power (and materials) to do so.

UU matter provides large amounts of regen, so maybe there could be a way to add it to the suit to circulate around you to speed up natural regen.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Quoted from "SpwnX"

Also slowly recharge your health given there is power (and materials) to do so.

UU matter provides large amounts of regen, so maybe there could be a way to add it to the suit to circulate around you to speed up natural regen.

and with some circuit-thingy-upgrade, you can toggle it, so it doesn't constantly consume UU.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• HL2 HEV suit FTW :D , can it passively regen you at 1 half a heart every 10 sec, like the companion cube did before ( dunno if still the case ) ? Another thing if possible is to make it unbreakable, only require energy to run, like in HL2, where if you power is depleted, the armor is almost useless :)

• HL2 HEV suit FTW :D , can it passively regen you at 1 half a heart every 10 sec, like the companion cube did before ( dunno if still the case ) ?

No! That'd be terrible! It's from one of the last FPS to not have regenerating health(If you'd take Episode 2 from 2007 at least. 1998 still had plenty of oldschool FPS!)! It would just be wrong in to many ways for it to give regenerating health!

Another thing if possible is to make it unbreakable, only require energy to run, like in HL2, where if you power is depleted, the armor is almost useless :)

I agree with the first part, however, I must disagree about it being useless without power. If you're out of power, you can still take quite some shots, because you're wearing a damn piece of metal and not some tiny shield generator. It may not be ass effevtive as with power, but it still keeps that metrocop from just shooting your heart. And technically, the HEV suit still fpr example applies antidotes when poisoned and drugs you when you fall down without (armor) power.

• Official Post

I personally like how the crysis suit worked out. Shield and health regen, however the health regen is obviously waaay slower than the shield one.
    Another example is borderlands. Shields with varying regeneration alongside optional (as in rare, most shields did not have it) health regen.

Edit: Add in power and material costs so the functionality starts to fail once they start lacking and here we have a nice suit/shield function.
    Another note is that the shields did not regenerate while sustaining damage.

• I wanted the HEV suit to regen me because of the antidote, but you get it ;) , another thing, if it's unbreakable and can protect without power, it's kinda OP GT/IC2 wise, it will even be better than quantum ;P

• and maybe having the upgrades in your inventory, so the suit on itself only has usual armor and a force field, and you have to add (like a circuit and some pipes for transporting whatever resources it needs, and maybe some cables so it can automatically fill itself up from stuff in the inventory), and then you have to carry fancy upgrades in your inventory to have quicker health gen, and maybe night vision, portable energy generators and stuff like that, the in the inventory-thingy just to give it the challenge of somehow having to manage your inventory with many upgrades. so you have
    - the suit on, providing shield and some energy storage,
    - upgraded with an "upgrade hatch" or something like that, the thing to allow upgrading i mentioned before,
    - a PMU(Portable Medic Unit),
    - a health monitor(to kick in faster regeneration and antidote-stuff automatically),
    - a RTG providing a small(small)amount of power all the time, consuming a small(small) amount of radioactive material per(add time unit here),
    - a energetic faraday cage(we have mysterious purple goo which can e made into almost anything, so don't complain),
    - a portable tesla coil(hovering outside of the faraday cage),
    - some kind entity radar(infrared vision, might also grant night vision?)
    - some kind of extra energy storage
    - anything else i didn't think of

That would make the inventory quite full, which i think is quite realistic(though you might have some slots in the armour itself, but only a few, because only so much fits), adding a new kind of challenge, and a really cool suit. Of course, there would have to be plenty of upgrades for this to work out.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• Official Post

I'd say a HEV suit when powerless would take durability damage and need to be repaired, else face total loss of the equipment. Also a shieldless/powerless HEV suit would have 1/5% chance of damaging (it ceases to work till repair) a random system (life support, shield regen or whatsoever) on hit.

• Hello Greg, I have a request. I've noticed that there is no recipe for making enderpearls out of the enderpearl dust. I would like this to be in the game as an autoclave recipe. My reason for this are because I noticed that there is a recipe for making 6 enderpearl dusts and 6 blaze powders out of a blaze rod and 6 enderpearls (with some steps in-between). And from that 6 blaze powder, you can use 5 to turn back into a blaze rod, leaving you with a deficit of 6 enderpearls, and a profit of one blaze powder and 6 enderpearl dust (which you can't recycle back into enderpearls at the moment(hence, why I'm making this suggestion)). I just think that the conversion of enderpearls into dusts which can't be turned back is not worth the 1 more blaze powder. Also, the autoclave doesn't have to be one-to-one, so you will still not end up with a free duplication process. And I noticed sealed wood. What uses will it have aside from making stronger-than-wood tools? Could you give it use in a low-level waterwheel mabe? And how will the large springs be used? I believe they will likely have a use in tools, but which tools? I may be getting too ahead with these questions... so I'll hold off on the rest for now.

• You can't really do water wheels in minecraft. either they are so weak nobody sane uses them, or they are OP. a rotor for a wind generator would be cool, though. Also i wouldn't know a reason to turn ender pearls into blaze rods. Also, you tell the modder about a dupe? not a good way to have infinite energy. you can simply reuse the enderpearl dust. Blaze rods are simply easier to get, as there are blaze spawners, though some way to turn ender pearls dust back into enderpearls would be nice anyway. And springs in general could be used as low-tech, inefficient power storage.

• - The soldering iron
    - More automation machines (true automatic crafting table and all the automation blocks missing from 1.6.4)
    - Fusion reactor
    - Bronze workbench
    - Tanks (singleblock or multiblock, whatever)
    - Digital barrels
    - Multiblock upgradable steam/gas turbine depending on machine casing tiers
    - Multiblock upgradable diesel generator depending on machine casing tiers
    - More ways of generating energy, like in 1.6.4 (Egg Syphon, Geothermal, Magic-based generator...)
    - new IC2 biomass/biogas support (processing and usage as energy source)

Here's my wish list, which is basically everything from 1.6.4 that you didn't restore back.

• Official Post

Greg, I demand you read my mind and implement everything I want.

I don't read anything. Don't know whose fault it is, but I suspect it to be your fault. Do you wear a Tinfoil Hat or something?

Btw bunny, couldn't you code a GT addon?

He could, but I would recommend to wait until the first release of the new and better API.

• I don't read anything. Don't know whose fault it is, but I suspect it to be your fault. Do you wear a Tinfoil Hat or something?

He could, but I would recommend to wait until the first release of the new and better API.

I hate Java too much to have any interest in making my own GT addon. I'm too busy coding things in Rust.

As for the tinfoil hat, those things are actually highly ineffective at blocking signals, and if anything make them easier to detect. You probably can't read my mind because bunny mind signals use a different frequency.

• I can read you mind with my electro-master powers...

Scanning...
    Found 1.919238951923918237912319x10^82 different files, 99% is He**** and P***

O.o O_o

So, this is what you where thinking, duh :P , you... are.. a... Pervert... :P

:D :P :D

• Couple of ideas:
    Potato-based electricity with copper, zinc and potatoes working as a one use battery thing.
    Tidal power:not sure about how it'd work, but some kind of thing that can generate electricity from my ocean.
    Some insanely expensive form of interdimensional item/liquid/energy transport.

• There could be a mixer recipe for fire charges. It is coal/charcoal gunpowder and blazepowder in vanilla so it would make sence if it would be coaldust/charcoaldust gunpowder and blazepowder in the mixer to get fire charges.