Energy cristals

• Do you have GregTech installed? If you do the diamond energy crystal recipe is disable, and you must use the ruby recipe, the same is true for lapotron crystals in that you have to use sapphires.

• Official Post

Have you tried actually making it in a crafting table? If not, are you sure you have installed it correctly? Can you craft everything else?

• Recipe recently changed from diamond surrounded by redstone. Now you have to craft energium dust like this:

Code
    [R ] [DD] [R ]
    [DD] [R ] [DD]
    [R ] [DD] [R ]

R - Redstone
    DD - Diamond Dust (macerated diamond)

and then compress it to Energy Crystal.

• Ow! compressed energentium! i did make it, thinking it is related somehow with the energy crystal, but didn't occur me to compress it. thx!

• Thus, one energy crystal costs 4 diamonds now instead of one? Looks like one piece of glassfiber cable costs one full diamond now as well.

I am not sure if i like the path this goes, even considering that power storage got boosted and glass cables are not that important anymore. :S

• Official Post

Besides, since the actual Energy crystal/lapatron storage capacity + the storage blocks got buffed, its a given that the recipe should be nerfed.

• Besides, since the actual Energy crystal/lapatron storage capacity + the storage blocks got buffed, its a given that the recipe should be nerfed.

Like said, i am fully aware of that. Still this "balancing" boost the requirements for a MFE to 16 Diamonds, which is quite a lot for tier 3, while tier 4 comes pretty cheap. And glass cables became the most expensive power cables in all mods, even beating diamond pipes from BC nobody ever uses.

I would suggest lesser diamonds for energium dust, but more for lapotron crystals.

• Official Post

40 diamonds for an mfsu really isn't much... Go mining for like an hour or two, especially with a fortune pick.

• Official Post

Yes, it should (besides, 1 hour is only 3 in game days) ;p T4 Is end game, so of course it should take a large amount of time to get there. Besides, if you want diamonds, just set up a few miners. With the Advanced scanner, they tend to get around 4 diamonds per run.

The Fortune enchant can be a pain to get if you are unlucky, but go out at night with a good sword, slay a bunch of mobs and you are level 30. Enchant, and you may be lucky enough to get one.

• Official Post

40 diamonds for 40 million EU is a diamond per million EU. Seems legit to me

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

IC2_lf had 1 diamond = 1 lapotron crystal = 1 million EU.

The Energy storage got buffed, so 1 diamonds = .25 million in energy crystal, in lapotron, it would be 1 diamond = 2.5 Million

• when you play minecraft you can run around for multiple hours without issue, but, forcing player to do specific task is not good game design, currently you can't advance tier by killing mobs or just building, you forced to mine diamonds at bedrock level...

miners are not fun, basically there is no fun in building ic2 specific stuff without something like assembly bench (especially if unstackable items involved), since most recipes take multiple boring steps to complete (and hurge amount of mouse clicks), probably i will compile addon that will allow to assemble ic2 items directly by consuming ingots without need to actually "craft" anything by hand. (like crafting coil will cost 2 copper and 1 iron directly, without converting copper into wires first)

some alternative ore\drop\something\low tier massfab\crystalizer tech\something that can be used to get some diamonds and other stuff without leaving your base will be good addition (but this belong more to addons than to vanilla).

iridium also notable sample of bad design, i looted 5 nether fortresses and got no sample, this boring and frustrating (especially if you dont want to cheat), i cannot be forced, soo i just abandoned entire iridium part of gameplay.

i checked few mmorpg's with donate system, IC2e very close to such games, artifical limits, that can be lifted for real money...