[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Well ok, I'll just minetweaker them.

A few months ago, Leagris wrote a Minetweaker script to not only remove the non-nerfed Forestry wood recipes, but also add GT processing recipes for them:
    [GT-5.09.** & Minetweaker-3.10 Addon] Addon Version 1.2.2 - Adding custom Recipes for all Gregtech 5 machines (Now with Fusion Reactor and Ordict support)

Using that might be faster than writing your own Minetweaker script.

I expect it would work with GT 5.08.33 as well, though there are a couple of lines you'd need to remove if you don't have MFR.

• Now that im testing Infitech 2 3.2 with GT5.09 i have some questions:
    -How is the duration of a charcoal-pit calculated? Is a bigger one faster (per block) than a small one?
    -Whats the most durable material besides Neutronium (in huge plasma turbines)
    -Is Neutronium now producable with UUM? It still takes 100 buckets of UUM and i cant realy test sinc it would take a months to scan Neutrium, even in creative.

• Now that im testing Infitech 2 3.2 with GT5.09 i have some questions:
    -How is the duration of a charcoal-pit calculated? Is a bigger one faster (per block) than a small one?
    -Whats the most durable material besides Neutronium (in huge plasma turbines)
    -Is Neutronium now producable with UUM? It still takes 100 buckets of UUM and i cant realy test sinc it would take a months to scan Neutrium, even in creative.

2: Highest dura isn't necessarily what you want. if you're going for the best Material cost vs EU/t then have a look at this list: https://docs.google.com/spread…GqRKR6gQ/edit?usp=sharing
    3: You should really be making Neutronium in the Fusion Reactor.

• 3: You should really be making Neutronium in the Fusion Reactor.

^ +1

It's technically possible to replicate neutronium wtih UUM, but the replication time is affected by the atomic weight, which is considered to be 100k for neutronium iirc, so at LV it takes almost a month to replicate 1 neutronium dust (to be clear, that's after you have enough UUM), and then I think 5.09 might require you to put it in a blast furnace or something to get an ingot. Making molten neutronium in a fusion reactor takes 144 minutes to get enough for an ingot.

• What are they?

Mk2 fusion

Recipe: Molten Tungsten + Helium → Molten Osmium.
    Rated for 24578 EU/t @ 1 Amp

4 ZPM Energy Hatches
    2 of these connected to 1x super-conductor wire ← 4x ZPM Battery buffer containing 2x Zero Point Modules.
    1 of it connected to 1x Naquadah cable ← Nq+ Reactor Mark3 output of 32768 - cable length EU/t.

This ZPM buffer is supposed to feed 2x 131072 EU/t or 262144 EU/t to Fusion

Energy cannot keep-up, why?

Even if recipe is over-clocked once it should keep-up

How much is it over-clocked?
    What rules applies to fusion over-clocking then?

• I'm not sure if this is the place to ask for this kind of stuff, but ..

I came across some problem. I'm playing GT5/GT5U for a while now, and have arrived somewhere at the lower end of the "electric age", having most LV and a few (important) MV machines. However, I struggle to get a proper power supply. Currently I am using an MFR tree farm automated by logistics pipes to feed RC boilers, which in turn feed steam turbines. I do have an GT Bronze boiler to power a blast furnace / the MV machines for a while, however, I can't produce enough charcoal to power it all permanently without severly lagging the server. Is there a decent (I don't mind it being complex) early / mid-game self-sustaining & maintenance free way to generate some EU, which is not going to lag the server? Apart from solar panels, or pumping the nether, that is. The first is .. dunno, the thing I've been doing ever since 1.25 and nether pumping seems like cheating to me.

• Well, the "promoted" way would be Coal -> Oil/Gas -> Nuclear -> Fusion.

Feeding a single boiler with 30 charcoal/min should be possible without too much lag and equals about 300EU/t. Enough to reach MV age withoug much trouble. Oil from other mods is usually quite limited for GT usage. You usually use up one source within a few hours. But the GT Oil drill can supply much bigger amounts. It is just annoying to search for a good oil chunk. Turning it into nitrodiesel should get you to 500-800EU/t quite easy. IC2 Biogas can reach similiar outputs when using a Destillation tower, but that is likely still too expensive for you. Then next are IC2 Reactors. Recently i boosted their output a lot, but made them also more expensive to build (Titanium = EV Tech). A simple EU output Thorium reactor can reach 224EU/t, using a fluid mox reactor cycling cooling cells and GT Highpressure Turbines i could reach about 8800EU/t from 4 Quad Mox cells.

• In my current game I looked at a few options for early electric:

1. Mine coal, turn into coal coke with RC ovens, use coal coke and creosote to power large bronze boiler (GT)
    2. Harvest wood, turn into charcoal with RC ovens, use charcoal and creosote to power the boiler
    3. Harvest wood, turn into charcoal with charcoal pile igniter, use charcoal to power the boiler

I settled on #3 for a few reasons. First I've been trying to stick to GT for most things. I like the charcoal pile. One max size pile takes 10 minutes to process, and gives enough charcoal to run the boiler for about 30 minutes. There's a little setup time (and mining), but you could always alternate between two piles. I just wish you could get coal coke from the pile. As for the wood, I didn't even bother with a tree farm. I just harvest 10 big spruce (timber mode turned on) and that's enough for the pile. Not sure why but I don't like tree farms, maybe because there isn't a GT tree farm.

I do use coal coke for steel in the BBF but that only requires a few ovens. I really didn't want to build a million of those to run a large boiler.

After that, for me it's about transitioning to oil. BloodAsp's addition of GT oil and processing is a nice feature and filled a big tech gap in the mod.

• Well, the "promoted" way would be Coal -> Oil/Gas -> Nuclear -> Fusion.

Feeding a single boiler with 30 charcoal/min should be possible without too much lag and equals about 300EU/t. Enough to reach MV age withoug much trouble. Oil from other mods is usually quite limited for GT usage. You usually use up one source within a few hours. But the GT Oil drill can supply much bigger amounts. It is just annoying to search for a good oil chunk. Turning it into nitrodiesel should get you to 500-800EU/t quite easy. IC2 Biogas can reach similiar outputs when using a Destillation tower, but that is likely still too expensive for you. Then next are IC2 Reactors. Recently i boosted their output a lot, but made them also more expensive to build (Titanium = EV Tech). A simple EU output Thorium reactor can reach 224EU/t, using a fluid mox reactor cycling cooling cells and GT Highpressure Turbines i could reach about 8800EU/t from 4 Quad Mox cells.

30 charcoal / min? Do you mean a RC boiler? The GT bronze boiler from what I've seen consumed like 1 coal every second.

• 30 charcoal / min? Do you mean a RC boiler? The GT bronze boiler from what I've seen consumed like 1 coal every second.

Which version do you use? In the newer versions, the bronze boiler requires one charcoal every 2 seconds, the better boilers require more.

• Which version do you use? In the newer versions, the bronze boiler requires one charcoal every 2 seconds, the better boilers require more.

I'm using 5.08.33. However, I managed to cut down on lag by a whole lot by re-configuring the supplier pipes to "bulk50" instead of "partial" or "infinite", and also I've reduced the overall amount of logistics pipes.

• ^ +1

It's technically possible to replicate neutronium wtih UUM, but the replication time is affected by the atomic weight, which is considered to be 100k for neutronium iirc, so at LV it takes almost a month to replicate 1 neutronium dust (to be clear, that's after you have enough UUM), and then I think 5.09 might require you to put it in a blast furnace or something to get an ingot. Making molten neutronium in a fusion reactor takes 144 minutes to get enough for an ingot.

Making Neutronium in Fusion requires 16/1 Americium and Naquadria (NqX).

Naquadah products can not be duplicated with UUM.
    Naquadah veins are very rare.
    After lots and lots of processing you can expect roughly 5% of Naquadria out of total ores.

For a stack of Neutronium you need 16 stacks of Naquadria, say processing something like 320 stacks of Naquadah/Enriched Naquadah ore Mix.
    Good luck with that.

By the time you can at last obtain Neutronium, What legit incentive to use it for tools/turbines?
    You need 101 Neutronium ingots to craft a single Neutronium Turbine.
    Considering even the extended durability it is never worth the trouble.
    Same for tool heads.
    Why would you spend so much resources for tool heads or turbines that last just 16 times longer than HSS-G

To be worth it. Neutronium should have infinite durability.

And considering material cost of Neutronium fusion. I'd say, replicating sound like a better option.

• Growing crops became harder in GT5uE?. My tine and coppon bushes unable to reach last stages without fertilizer and a hydration cell related material block beneath it. I remember that they grew fine even in shitty conditions in GT5 about a year ago.

UPD: Nice changelog.

• I know, this is an issue quite a while in GregTech, but have anybody done anything with machine tier penalty? The fact what i have to sacrifice majority of my fuel i put time and effort to harvest and refine to use high tech machines is driving me crazy. And every time when i am thinking about using HV machine i am remember what 4 LV will handle it as fast and they won't suck my batteries dry.
    It is realy sad what almost every problem in gregtech balance is resolved by nerfing everything. And why is there have to be heavy tiering in the power sources? Why is it have to be encouraged to change your powersource if you for example would like to imagine running large coal power plant?

"No! Coal is for the LV stage! Use oil. Its better!"
    "Still using your diesel generator of yours? I affraid it is no longer viable. Go build reactor now!"

Everytime i ask people on servers and they are talking about "the thing" as only viable solution.
    I'm sorry. I had to speak out. I just struggling because one part of mod is so inspiring then the other part is so frustrating.

OK. Complains aside.
    Blood Asp, since we got oil production covered, do you have plans to include vehicles to the mod? It would be preaty exiting to mine coal with excavator or level down forests with bulldozers. And preaty rewarding to. Although it would be quite difficult to pull out, since you got to make mod playable in multiplayer, but this would be a nice feature what would stand apart from standart routine like "thing to fly, thing to make a huge hole, some pipes and processing machines'