[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• Zip, did you fix the onBlockRemove to call super.onBlockRemove? I fixed it in one of the bukkit versions I posted a few days ago, but it seems that several people are still having problems with it...

So if I grab yours from the other site it works? I'm using not sure what one haha.

edit: n/m goes to this page :(

Edit 2: bukkit fix = http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&postID=31918#post31918

TY

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• The primary benefit to using Arrays is that you don't have to waste quite so much in wiring all that mess - 512 Solar Panels waste quite a large amount of Tin just to get things all hooked up, and that's not counting additional supporting infrastructure (BatBox, more LV/MV Transformers). A single HV Array could be slapped straight onto an MFSU. For those of us who have to use Optifine just to run at a decent clip, this also greatly reduces lag produced by solar power.

Then again, if you're the kind of person who builds 512 Solar Panels, you might not mind the material costs.

• FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

ZIPPINUS!!!! CPW!!!! SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!

Ok, before anything else, let me be the first to admit that i'm a FUCKING RETARD for not backing up my world in like A MONTH

Now that that's said, a SUPERCRITICAL BUG/COMPLAINT/DESPERATE PLEA: upon successful instalation of the 3.1.1 Advanced machines, I opened NEI and turned to the page with the new solar arrays and advanced machines. I saw, between the machines and arrays, a silvery-gray block, essentially textureless, but named "HV solar array". I gave myself one, and FOOLISHLY plonked it in the world. "Saving chunks", cannot reopen the world. GODDAMNIT! Do I even need to give an error log? that thing wasn't supposed to be placed in the world, and when I open MC, it fails to do so, and craps out. I figured out the crapped out block ID is, for me, 188:3. This is odd because I set 188 to be the Adv. Machines, and 189 to be the arrays.

I am not a coder. That said, I do believe I know how to save my world. 1) I need to get a version of advanced machines that doesn't add 188:3 block-o-death, but that would make minecraft say "waah, I give up, i don't know what this block is". 2) I need to make some other mod that will serve to "plug the hole in the dam" and will say "I know what block 188:3 is! it's________" so that I can get back into my world and delete said block, then remove the temporary "plug" mod. Then, I could go back to 3.1.1 successfully, as long as I don't place this block-o-death again.

In order to do step 1, I simply have to backdate to Adv. Machines 3.0, since I haven't placed/created any solar arrays yet.

BUT, to do step 2, I need help. Could one of you handy-dandy-fancy-schmancy-magical-godlike coder folks whip up (or point me towards) a mod which does NOTHING but add a simple, static block, the ID (and damage value, that's the important part) of which is configurable? You could probably just make a copy of cobblestone or something, so you don't even need to make original textures! Or, if that's not doable, how about a mod along the same lines that would replace not just 188:3, but 188, 188:1, and 188:2 as well (ID 188 and all metadatas) I'm perfectly fine with having to replace every advanced machine, I do have Not Enough Items installed, I just want my world back!

• The primary benefit to using Arrays is that you don't have to waste quite so much in wiring all that mess - 512 Solar Panels waste quite a large amount of Tin just to get things all hooked up, and that's not counting additional supporting infrastructure (BatBox, more LV/MV Transformers). A single HV Array could be slapped straight onto an MFSU. For those of us who have to use Optifine just to run at a decent clip, this also greatly reduces lag produced by solar power.

Then again, if you're the kind of person who builds 512 Solar Panels, you might not mind the material costs.

Well we also know sending 512 x 1 sec updates per second is bad for performance. Now we send 1 x 1 update per second... Not 512 yes its sending 512 packet but I mean its not sending it 512 times haha

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Try this http://www.minecraftforum.net/…changer-v031-open-source/

Use it to change the bad block to a dirt block or something.

• Or even better, just download the map editor mcedit and edit out that block. The map editor is very small and easy to use and I've had to use it numerous times for this kind of thing.

• Could it be, that it is incompatible with AdditionalPipes Addon? Im using the ported versions on a bukkit server.

Whenever i try to start the server with Advanced Machines, i get this error:

• I've gotten the same error message. It seems to happen when I had ScotTools installed. The patch ScotTools requires seems to rename the MCForge version number back to 1.2.3, so even though I'm using 1.2.4 underneath, probably this addon can't see that with the new name.

Same thing happens to me, how do u change forge version number?

• hmm... one block doing one calculation to generate 512 eu/t vs 512(!) blocks doing 512(!) calculations to generate 512 eu/t....

1x1 block of space used vs 23x23 area of space used (more than a 16x16 chuck).

I LOVE THIS NEW BLOCK! Now for the same thing for water mills and wind mills!

• Go post in the Rocket Science forum for things relating to the Rocket Science addon.

On topic, new solar array ideas are great, probably won't use them because I'm in a snow biome but still.

try putting a glass block on top of the solar panel. Or a torch next to it...

• HALELUJA! (or however it's spelled) PRAISE THE LORD! MY WORLD IS SAVED!

Many thanks to those two kind-hearted folks who pointed me in the right direction! FYI, mIDas did not work (doesn't seem to support mod-added item IDs) but MCEdit worked perfectly! Emoticons cannot express how I feel right now. *sigh*

P.S.: sorry for making such a long, mostly off-topic post! I was panicing a little bit, but I'm better now.

P.P.S.: sorry for the profanity in my previous post... again, I was feaking out a little (ok, alot)

• EV Solar Array Suggestion:

:Generator: :Advanced Circuit: :Generator:
    :Glass Fibre: :Wrench: :Glass Fibre:
    :Generator: :Advanced Circuit: :Generator:

:Generator: = HV Array
    :Advanced Circuit: = Adv Circuit
    :Glass Fibre: = 4x Insulated Cable
    :Wrench: = Redstone Torch

Why? Because it's awesome, and some people do make that many Solar Panels. (Redstone Torch to activate the HV Transformers in the Arrays, if you want to add some poor logic to it.)
    Yeah, you would need another HV Transformer next to it... But that's only if you're crazy enough to make it legitly. :P

Regardless, the LV/MV/HV Arrays are amazing. Now I can't live without this mod- Twice!

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Actually, I can see the logic behind an EV Solar Array, and would mind it at all. It'd really benefit my bunker.

• I get a crash, yes i did the thing with the z, when i take advance machines out it works fine

Crash Report:

20kb for a signature? who has pictures that small??

• I had a weird problem today.
    I installed the mod for bukkit on my server and I could craft them, put them down, connect them to power but when I click them no GUI pops up?? In fact, nothing happens at all.
    Very weird ...

Am not getting a single error message so I'm a little stumped.

• I get a crash, yes i did the thing with the z, when i take advance machines out it works fine

Crash Report:

Seems like you are lacking IC².

• I installed the 3.1.1 version and am using MC v1.0.0

I took a Solar Array from the NEI just to see what it does (not to cheat).

I placed the Solar Array on the floor and BAMMM.!
    "Saving Chunks" screen came up and then MC went to black screen.

I changed the name by adding a ( z ) in the begining of the mod zip file name.
    logged back into minecraft for a second try, and BAMMM. same thing happened again.

for now I am reverting back to 3.0
    ill keep an eye out when this is fixed.

thanks.

PS...

just lost my entire world too.
    cant log in my world any more. ;(

I wouldnt think by a mod crashing would destroy my world.
    3 weeks of world creation gone. ;(