[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• How much I've come to rely on this mod:

I was macerating a bunch of ore today and thinking "man, this is taking a while... I should really upgrade these things to rotary macerators. What was the recipe again? Oh, yeah... not in 1.64 yet :( "

Unless you equip said Macerators with the overclockers. But even then it just doesn't feel... right.

I can't wait for this addon to be updated.

• I know how you feel. Prior to installing AdvMach I had a bank of 8 macerators, 2 extractors and 4 compressors. Now I just have 1 of each :)

Oh Zipp... I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but surely the compressor's pressure level should be measured in gibbl not PSI? :)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Did you mean there passive output?

I thought Normal IC2 windmills output .01 Eu/t per water block in the surround blocks not .1Eu/t.
    Therefore all of your decimal places need to be adjusted by 1.

(btw if it is .1 instead of .01 then 51.2 Per block on HV would be a little OP. My reasoning behind this is it only takes 4 Iron to make a windmill compared to 10 per solar or 14 per windmill)

And windmills would also have to be balanced I suspect part of the reason he hasn't added adv windmills yet is figuring out how to make them function or be balanced.

• This is the last thing I'm waiting for to be updated before I make the leap to 1.1, I wanna play 1.1 badly because of the sheep regrowth stuff and redstone powered fence gates. But I'll wait. Also I hope someone can port the ironchest mod since the author seems to have stopped making it. If I knew java I would try and make a 1.1 version of ironchest. It is the only good chest mod for IC2 and what not works well with BC as well. Gives tons of space with the diamond chests. Not really sure of any other mods that work together with ic2 and bc like that :(

Equivalent Exchange has some really sweet chests that work well with BC/IC2, and there are Ender Chests, though they are small, the linking ability is really nice. Throw in the most used items into one at your main base and toss down a matching linked one at your outposts, and no need to carry a ton of stuff around. :D

• How much I've come to rely on this mod:

I was macerating a bunch of ore today and thinking "man, this is taking a while... I should really upgrade these things to rotary macerators. What was the recipe again? Oh, yeah... not in 1.64 yet :( "

Yeah, the rotary macerators and the induction furnaces are an integral part of my auto sorting setup. With a couple of quarries feeding into the system it needs to be fast to handle macerating then smelting the ores. Might have to experiment with adding 2 or 3 (or more?) overclock chips to see if I can come anywhere near capable of handling the load. Though the solar panels are sweet as well, don't have to make huge solar flowers to handle the load. Of course when Rocket Science updates I'll have a fusion reactor again. :D

• Have you tried Multi Page Chest mod? It gives you 5 times the size of diamond chest in a single block. I have tried it with BC pipes (not sure what you mean by working well with IC) and had no problems. I have to admit I run 4 quarries (powered by dedicated nuclear reactors :thumbup: ) and store the lots of cobblestone in them. I plan to use them in the near future so I don't want to just dump them into lava. :P Multi Page Chests are very good for this purpose.
    Take a look if you want to know more: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…tuff-multi-page-chest-smp

It's nice but ony one page on SMP. :( Yay!

On another note........ how about the AM's using the overclockythingies :) j/k

I'm mainly missing the solars (both AM ones and my hat :D). If AM's were my baby, I would consider that the concept of AM's as been integrated into IC2 and focus on the success of the Adv Solars, and consider putting it to bed. Congratulations Zippinus, you rocked IC2 so much the devs tried (IMHO the modules need a bit of balancing) to match you :)

I'd love to get the Adv Solars in my SMP, though I have to admit that I doubt I'll be using the AM's (Or even the Induction Furnace) any more. Maybe fork the mod to AM's and AdvGenerators? A mod of your Solar Gens and maybe the Rocket science reactor would rock? Your method of combining panels to make a single block version is perfect, please feel free to expand it to water and wind :)

Or if your feeling evil, make a Solar Panel that accepts the modules before the IC2 Devs do >:] And maybe a module that only gens can use to increase power gen that requires... erm.... >:] reactor refined urainium. j/k

I was kidding, but there is four module slots........ maybe you could make a non-stack module 'AM' to turn the basic one into an AM (might have to make it auto draw the maintainance power)? ....... or made the adv machine block as a module I don't know, too many ideas and no means to impliment them.

Edit: more ideas.... and correction about Multi-page chest, which now does have multiple pages in SMP.

• I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but surely the compressor's pressure level should be measured in gibbl not PSI? :)

How about let's not? :) I find the "HAYO!" thing annoying enough on the Wiki. PSI is perfectly senssible to me.

Might have to experiment with adding 2 or 3 (or more?) overclock chips to see if I can come anywhere near capable of handling the load.

You'll find you want more like 4-6 in each, actually. Four is pretty fast, 6 seems to go about as fast as a fully heated advanced machine.

• I has say look page more time then with IC2 updating to Minecraft 1.10. Though I has say really love your addon to IC 2 and special how you handle way reduce number solar panel in the world.

• You'll find you want more like 4-6 in each, actually. Four is pretty fast, 6 seems to go about as fast as a fully heated advanced machine.

Heh, i'm running 12 in the macerator and 10 in the electric furnace. Course i'm also impatient, want it now now now!!! :) The electric furnace has since replaced the induction furnace for manual operations. (much quicker)
    It sucks down 256 or 3something EU/t during operations but it's sitting on a HV line (also have 2x transformer in there) behind a MFSU so meh?
    The only thing I find myself missing from this addon are the compressed solar. Just finished putting up 256 solar as the equivalent of what I had. Logistics pipes make it *way* too easy to just order up more, I was perpetually starved for resources.

• In case you didn't know, if you stick a lever on the side of your Induction Furnace (and other adv machines) and leave it turned on, they'll heat up and stay hot.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• In case you didn't know, if you stick a lever on the side of your Induction Furnace (and other adv machines) and leave it turned on, they'll heat up and stay hot.

or even any lit redstone ... like, a lit torch, or redstone that has power to it

• Heh, i'm running 12 in the macerator and 10 in the electric furnace. Course i'm also impatient, want it now now now!!! :) The electric furnace has since replaced the induction furnace for manual operations. (much quicker)
    It sucks down 256 or 3something EU/t during operations but it's sitting on a HV line (also have 2x transformer in there) behind a MFSU so meh?
    The only thing I find myself missing from this addon are the compressed solar. Just finished putting up 256 solar as the equivalent of what I had. Logistics pipes make it *way* too easy to just order up more, I was perpetually starved for resources.

I know, right?! I put up a normal solar flower and it wasn't keeping up at all, and it was depressing. Now I got to some how get a quarry running enough to maybe find enough resources to build another 2 or 3 more solar flowers. :( I miss my advanced panels. One flower of MV and, man, it would easily keep the entire sorting and processing room running with out an issue.

I think I'm slowly giving up and playing with the new Overclocking stuff heh

Yea it grows on you... one overclocker at a time :D

i know this is a dumb question but will this be updated or does it work with 1.64

Still waiting for an update. You'll know when it is updated.... the Original Post will be updated! :)

Edit: Been thinking, I'd like an Adv Electrolyzer, they already scale but I want MORE :) putting 9 in a pattern to get one that has 9 stacks storage and dis/charges at full rate for that Batbox/MFE/MFSU.

• *begins to cry*
    Why is this not working!
    *cries some more*
    Im soo nooby!
    *cries some more*
    I lied!
    *Cries even more*
    Zip you know we are eager for this?
    If you think the machines will take a while to finish.
    Can you release the solars as a temporary mod?

• Official Post

To all patiently waiting for this mod to update, I'm working on it. There have been issues updating the way I have in the past, and I've begun re-doing my mod to simplify the process, and allow for faster updates in the future. Don't worry, I won't disappear again unless I let you guys know first.