Suggestion : Handle enchantments somehow...

• Hopefully we won't have to worry about using silly magic stuff from Hell to make technology... sure, we have glowstone but if you have enough gold and redstone (or UU-M) you don't need to ever actually go to the Nether.

• Hopefully we won't have to worry about using silly magic stuff from Hell to make technology... sure, we have glowstone but if you have enough gold and redstone (or UU-M) you don't need to ever actually go to the Nether.

I don't know about you, but 5 minutes in the nether nets me far more glowstone dust than converting redstone and gold ever would. I have far better uses for that precious gold. Such as my intercontinental railway! :D

• Don't get me wrong - that's how I get mine as well - but my point is that in IC you don't need to do that if you don't want to. A Blaze Rod is a pretty specific thing and it seems silly to require a relic from Hell to make a machine.

• When I first saw blaze rods, I thought that they were supposed to be used like sticks to make special Ender Tools. (hinthint)

I AM A RAGING INDUSTRIALIST!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    Click here plz!!!

• OK, this is several pages long and I only read the first and last pages but I have something to say:
    1. Notch stepped down so it is mostly Jeb's game so he is the one you should talk to or about.
    2. Enchantments do not make much sense for technology (especially if you use a common trope where magic and technology can exist separate but short each other out when in close proximity) but making bronze tools and armor equivalent to iron for enchantability makes sense. Having an upgrading machine or computer that requires EU to run and XP to upgrade would make more sense but still the industrial tools are so good already, they would become overpowered (upgraded mining laser has 100% drop, upgraded diamond mining drill is faster and uses less power, chainsaw cuts down entire tree).
    3. I think that Eloraam, you (Alblaka), Space Toad, and Flower Child make the best mods when it comes to tools, resources, and functionality and Kinnekin makes much better villages than the Testificates made by Jeb.
    4. Now that we have the full release, the wiki says that different material uses different enchantbility levels. If you set the technological enchantability levels to 0, the modified enchantment level would be 1. An enchantment table surrounded by the maximum amount of bookshelves would not be able to enchant things to even level 10.
    5. Personally, I am extremely glad that Notch has stepped down. His newer ideas were poorly implemented (wolves being the one Flower Child hates the most).
    6. If one disables generating structures, they will have a map devoid of abandoned mineshafts, ravines, NPC villages, strongholds, nether fortresses, and the like so if IndustrialCraft gets bugs from any of these, then IndustrialCraft should have structures disabled as the default option of terrain generation and a warning when enabled.

• Okey for the sake of truth :
    Jeb's dictionary dosen't have words like "Balance" "Fairness" and "Grind Till You Die" not Notch's, but that dosn't change the main point here, enchantments will be discarded by Albaka, or so he stated in couple of replys and posts, but I cannot stop to wonder how it will be, whats the future of IC2 equepment, Since 1.337 update kinda shows that the "Upgrage-ability through tiers" is a niceway. Living underground, and coming to surface just to showoff my LapPack + LAZOR combo xD

• I want to upgrade my Lapotron Crystal with a Built-in MV/LV transformer, so that I can stick it in my puny miner/macer/furnace/whatever. ^^

• Now that i have finished reading the whole topic; i'd like to give my opinion on the enchanting/potions/ender stuff:

1. enchanting
    After reading the article about it on the MC wiki i actually liked the idea of being able to enchant the shovel to drop grass blocks. I started enchanting shovels like a madman just do discover that the "silk touch" - enchantment which would drop the grass is only available on XP levels 40 and higher. This made me realize that the whole enchantment stuff is a very bad idea.

2. potions
    To be honest; i really like the idea of potions: they're easy to make and give special abilities for a short amount of time. Now before everyone starts flaming and calling me a vanilla-fantasy-fetishist, i have to admit that they don't fit in the industrial theme of IC/BC.

In my opinion, the best way to make the potions fit into an industrial context would be to change them from potions to some kind of drugs/medicine or even energy drinks. I'd really like to be able to brew various indegredients like sugar, caffeine (extracted from cocoa beans), etc. in some kind of "brewing machine" and fill it in cans with the canning machine.

This would
    a) eliminate the stupid brewing stand since the mighty brewing machine would propably work way faster than the brewing stand (and it would propably be more compatible to buildcraft; did you ever try to make the f**** brewing stand work with buildcraft pipes?)

b) make the potions more realistic: nobody wants to have crap like "fire-resistance"-potions. I'd rather have energy drinks for increased sprinting velocity, penicilline which cures poisoning from the cave spiders/food poisoning, some kind of pain-killer-shock medicine which is difficult to make but heals like 5 hearts, adrenaline pills which allow the player to "concentrate" better thereby boosting the wrenching rate to 100 percent and last but not least; beer:
    what would be more relaxing after a long day of arranging solar flowers, building badass BC factories and blowing up various reactors than a simple beer.

All in all, the idea of several complex yet realistic beverages for special purposes would, in my opinion, fit perfectly into the industrial theme. Plus, it would be great to have the trade-o-mat sell beer. :D

Most epic idea ever implemented in a mod thanks to Alblaka:

Coal --> :Coal Dust: --> :Coalball: --> :Compressed Coal Ball: --> :Coal Chunk: --> :Industrial Diamond:

No more digging at layer 20, always endangered by freaking lava lakes, just chilling and waiting for the diamonds!

• I vote yea on upgrades for IC items rather than enchantments... Currently in 1.43 the items that can be enchanted are treated as tools, including the nano saber. And upgrade system would be something alblaka could control rather than having Notch break it with every update, and would be beneficial for people who like using the basic tools and cannot construct a better tool (i.e. basic drill vs diamond drill), or for making top level tools and gear even better (50% mining speed bonus on a diamond drill in a miner, anyone?)

If an upgrade system is to be implemented, I also recommend making it a not-OP system by having drawbacks to the upgrades. Perhaps the drill can mine 50% faster now, or get specifically obsidian 80% faster, but now it takes 25% more power per whack. Or the ability for the drill to do better melee damage so you can leave the saw behind on some trips, but the drill mines 10% slower.

I think finding nether fortresses is the hardest thing you can do in MC, I am having 10x more trouble finding a single damn fortress than I did fighting the end boss (Gene just takes a lot of time to fight... it's not hard if you bother to do it right). As such, there should be an equally difficult way to craft buff items without the need for running around the nether dodging ghasts like an idiot.

Oh, and I'm throwing in a recommendation for a swimming speed buff right now. I think everyone would appreciate swimming faster than a geriatric.

Lastly, make it cost something other than just XP for the upgrades. Maybe exclusive crafting recipes that also cost XP? Maybe you can purchase different levels and types of "upgrade tokens" that impart different abilities into tools/armor.

• I know how you feel - all this vanilla minecraft garbage is ruining the game. I hope a way can be found to just disable vanilla features like brewing potions and enchanting..and villagers..and snow golems..and mooshrooms...

At this point I dont even see this as notch's game anymore. Its albakas and space toads and eloraams game and notch is just some rogue trying to mess things up with his half baked, overgrown man child ideas.

Okay, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to verbally trash it. You don't like it? Don't use it! And don't call Notch a man-child for simply adding things to his game. No matter what your opinions are, it is Notch's game. NOT Eloraam's. NOT Alblaka's. NOT Spacetoad's. They'rew great modders, and I love their work, but until 70 years after Notch dies, Minecraft is his intelectual property. So stop whining about features you don't like, and just leave them alone if you think they're so terrible. They don't affect you one bit if you just ignore them.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Copyright is far too long to be a market incentive. However that's entirely another debate so it's sufficient to say I very much disagree with you and the current terms in that respect.

As for insulting the direction Minecraft has gone in? Yes, booster-glitch rail carts being removed is one thing, but of all the possible changes and additions that have happened since then, the official ones are lackluster and don't improve my adult-digital-lego world experience; they are in fact more of an impediment.

• Why should you remove the ability to enchant or brew with this mod? There are quite a few people who like this mod, who also like magic. Giving someone a choice between Minecraft vanilla and other mods, and just this one with other mods, I'm sure a lot of people would go for MC vanilla. You would be alienating a group of your community just because another group doesn't like a perfectly avoidable feature. You don't have to brew or enchant, so why should you completely remove it, when there are people who like it?

• Removing parts of the core game is probably more effort than it's worth; even if those parts are logically more like 'extras'/addons. I would be extremely surprised if anything more than making 'magic' not work with 'technology' happened.

• Why should you remove the ability to enchant or brew with this mod? There are quite a few people who like this mod, who also like magic. Giving someone a choice between Minecraft vanilla and other mods, and just this one with other mods, I'm sure a lot of people would go for MC vanilla. You would be alienating a group of your community just because another group doesn't like a perfectly avoidable feature. You don't have to brew or enchant, so why should you completely remove it, when there are people who like it?

Because enchanting actually breaks stuff. And further more, it REALLY unbalances the mod to have enchantments enabled.

• Okay, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to verbally trash it. You don't like it? Don't use it! And don't call Notch a man-child for simply adding things to his game. No matter what your opinions are, it is Notch's game. NOT Eloraam's. NOT Alblaka's. NOT Spacetoad's. They'rew great modders, and I love their work, but until 70 years after Notch dies, Minecraft is his intelectual property. So stop whining about features you don't like, and just leave them alone if you think they're so terrible. They don't affect you one bit if you just ignore them.

Crap guys, notch is on to us! Quick, throw some Cornish game hens stuffed with butter at him, it will distract him while we make our escape!

[EDIT: capitalized "Cornish", sorry to any Cornish people, no disrespect!]

• I think a simple fix for this would be to remove the tool from the recipie to create the machine and add a slot for it instead in the actual machine.

For example:

You make a quarry machine. The quarry machine requires a diamond pickaxe or diamond drilling bit to function. There's a slot for it when you right click.
    You create a diamond pickaxe.
    If you put a plain diamond pickaxe in the machine it will function as it does now, however if you wish you can enchant it then put it in.
    As the quarry machine operates it will apply the enchanting options to it.

Enchants:
    Efficiency - will reduce the amount of fuel being consumed by the engines powering the quarry without reducing speed.
    Silk Touch - works as normal. Stone, Redstone/Coal/Iron/Copper/Tin/Uranium/Diamond Ore will be mined instead of their drops.
    Unbreaking - (at the moment I don't see a need for this since the quarrys never need replacement bits. It would suck if they did, but this enchantment isn't needed for a quarry machine. Although instead of using a diamond pickaxe, if a new item were used (diamond drilling bit) and it could gradually wear out this enchantment could slow that process.)
    Fortune - probably the one enchantment you will really want on your quarry machine. It will include the chance for gathering multiples when you mine ores such as coal, redstone, uranium (up to 2 per block), and diamond. (For the time being I don't see a need to make copper/tin/iron drop multiple.

That would be how I see enchantments working. I personally look forward to putting Efficiency and Fortune on my quarry machines :) Right now I'd like them to stop at the diamond layer so I can use my pickaxe on the stuff there.

• Because enchanting actually breaks stuff. And further more, it REALLY unbalances the mod to have enchantments enabled.

If someone is stupid enough to break the game, then they are welcome to it. If you're not going to pay any attention to what people say then you'll get what's coming to you. And, how exactly does it unbalance the mod, an honest question BTW.

• If someone is stupid enough to break the game, then they are welcome to it. If you're not going to pay any attention to what people say then you'll get what's coming to you. And, how exactly does it unbalance the mod, an honest question BTW.

The mod was balanced with "pre enchanting" in mind. With enchanting certain IC2 items becomes excessively powerful. It's quite simple if you start thinking about it.

• If someone is stupid enough to break the game, then they are welcome to it. If you're not going to pay any attention to what people say then you'll get what's coming to you. And, how exactly does it unbalance the mod, an honest question BTW.

A diamond drill is fast already right? So it gathers materials fast? So imagine putting, say, Fortune III, you more than double your output! For the same cost! Wouldn't you say that that is unbalancing? How about enchanting a nano-blade with sharpness V. This will almost-always one-shot mobs and it never breaks, it just needs recharging. IC is balanced for MC without enchantments, so logically adding enchantments will unbalance it, right?

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun