Good Industrialcraft Seeds

• So have you guys found any seeds that are especially fun for IC2? This could be lots of iron, cool places to build bases, or really anything.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• So have you guys found any seeds that are especially fun for IC2? This could be lots of iron, cool places to build bases, or really anything.

erm... anything? Just asking for "good" is very much so not specific as some folks like things one way and others like things a totally different way.
    like in my vanilla 1.0 game I found a nice lake really near where I spawned (in a tree again... up in the air.. whee!) where I built a box house as a nice endermen protection.
    i'm sure there's others that would totally hate that.

either way it's part of the challenge to make a particular game/seed work for you. On the whole I just take what I get unless it's particularly bad (like a couple ones where I spawned in the middle of an ocean...)

• I digress. Almost all, if not everyone, agrees that there are certain "epic" land features that make a good seed. In addition, most people agree that large or extensive cave systems make for a good seed. Also, you said that I didn't specify, this simply isn't true. I said seeds with large amounts of iron, other materials, or just cool features would be suitable. Finally, I said "good", not good for me. This could very well be the seed you described. Even if I didn't like the seed, perhaps someone else who read this topic would like the seed.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• Try this one out (1.8.1): 7914943421387879175
    That's my seed actually got over 20 Diamonds in abt 2 Hrs of playing and a whole bullshit amount of iron and gold..
    Also, you should find ner the spawn rubber tree's and if you have PR3 of RP, 3 vulcans, and near the spawn about 50 Blocks away (sand-biome), should you find a oil fountain from BC :)

If you want i can give you some pics where you can start of and this. Or Coordinates. (Starting off cave should be at x:70, z:300)

Greetings Unbr34k'

:Energy Crystal:___:Energy Crystal: I'm crystalized!

• For those of you using BC also, here is a good 1.0 seed: Kenji

There are several oil geysers within visual distance of one another, very close to the spawn.
    There is a cave entrance literally 2 meters behind where you spawn.
    Also a couple of volcanoes and a nice ravine nearby that leads to a very extensive underground cave network - and an abandoned mineshaft below that.

Not sure what IC2 features would be present on the seed, we'll have to wait and see.

• Rainbow Dash is a pretty good seed, starting you up between a swamp, a forest, and a desert. Copper is also pretty plentiful, as is Iron, but you're going to be traveling a little further for anything else. No sight of diamonds in any world I've set up and no real cave systems nearby. However, you pretty much start out with a ranch with both Cows and Pigs in abundance nearby, though chickens are rare and you have to travel far and wide for sheep. Fair number of rubber trees in the area.

• Honestly, IMHO anything that puts near me near a swamp is a good seed. I don't have the seeds on hand, but some memorable spawns:

-Ravine in a swamp -- easy access to iron and deep mining + plenty of rubber trees and wood

-Huge abandoned mineshaft underneath a swamp -- cave spiders are a pain, but easy access to minerals are awesome. I found a chest full of redstone right after breaking through the ceiling -- that was an awesome find.

• The Red Mountain is a great one. I spawned on a plains biome which is right next to a desert, a swamp to the south for rubber and a taiga biome for some nice house building material just next to the spawn. The is a huge, huge cave system under the nearby hill which streches at least 100 blocks in all directions. The fifth or something night I came back from my mining expition having consumed a dozen of gem pickaxes, 20 cooked pork and over a stack of wood for torches having insane amounts of iron, redstone, diamonds and gold(over four miners backpacks full of ores and coal).

• Official Post

Must be one of the oldest necro-post ever :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Tell me if someone has said this already, but I really think there should be an Official Seed thread.

Honestly if no one wants to do it. Heck. I'll do it.