[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines 1.1.6

• False. These are what you think the Advanced Machines should be now. The original Advanced Machines where Macerators, Compressors and Extractors that worked like the Induction Furnace does. The IF still works as it allways did, your changed AMs don´t, hence they are not the very same Advanced Machines. It´s like saying a F14 Jet is the very same as the Flying Machine the Wright brothers build.
    That aside, thats for maintaining this mod.
    Yeah I´m using it, at least for the time being until hopefully Zip comes back.

They are not the very same, but they are the same machine. the f14 jet its an upgrade to the Wright Flying machine after all.

In the end these advanced machines are technically the same S***, except for the number tweeking, the module slots and the additive macerating. /Sircb85 response

In the end if you dont like these, nobody is twisting your pussy arm to use it. Go learn Java and update the old ones instead of complaining like morons. /For the complainers in general

• False. You know nothing about coding, you cannot assess what i have or haven't done, you package your beliefs as truths like all the others.

Let me put down a statement regarding the name:
    I will not change it. For all intends and purposes, these are the very same Advances Machines. That they appear inferior to you is a PERSONAL OPINION, to be KEPT TO YOURSELVES.
    It is also not Zippinius mod anymore, for by now major parts of the code are rewritten (and were decompiled IC2 code, as far i can tell, to begin with).

So you rewrote the code to fix some bugs, but so that you had the exact same thing you began with. Yeah thats totally not someones elses mod.
    I agree with the Induction Furnace statement, they were made to work like that, not like the normal machines.
    And this is a forum, people can and will post their personal oppinions.

• False. You know nothing about coding, you cannot assess what i have or haven't done, you package your beliefs as truths like all the others.

Let me put down a statement regarding the name:
    I will not change it. For all intends and purposes, these are the very same Advances Machines. That they appear inferior to you is a PERSONAL OPINION, to be KEPT TO YOURSELVES.
    It is also not Zippinius mod anymore, for by now major parts of the code are rewritten (and were decompiled IC2 code, as far i can tell, to begin with).

Fine then. I try to be somewhat intellectual but you turn it around and slam it in my face. Have fun bearing with the whiners and complainers and everyone else who hates this mod with a passion. You refuse to change the name of something you changed. I don't give a flying you know what if the base concept is the same. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME D*** MACHINES THAT ZIPP MADE AND IF YOU FAIL TO INFORM PEOPLE OF THAT, THEN YOU WILL BE S.O.L.

Let this be a lesson for everyone, that in the world, there are people who take comments up the butt, and others who listen to it and compromise. If you, for whatever reason, CANNOT BRING YOURSELF TO COMPROMISE WITH PEOPLE, THEN YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS MAKING, CODING, SELLING, etc ANYTHING TO THE PUBLIC.

Zipp had a purpose for this mod, and that is why people loved the machines. Now these hunks of junk are causing a ruckus and you would rather lean back in your chair and twiddle your thumbs rather than to at least change the name of the mod THAT IS NOT YOURS. (Thanks reaper for pointing that out, I was tired so my wording wasn't the way I wanted it) That is complete and utter bull, and you know it. So, before an actual flame war starts, I suggest you click some buttons, hit some keys and change the name of the mod. Otherwise, this thread will end up getting locked, when it could have been prevented.

I could honestly sit here and read and not say anything, but I'm going to voice my opinion whether your like it or not. Take it or leave it, this is the internet, and no where in this 'imaginary internet law' that seems to always pop outta people who can't take criticism, does it say people can't voice their opinion. Nowhere in the forum rules (to my knowledge) does it say you can't post your opinion. People have a right to their opinions, and if they want to voice them, YOU ARE NOT THE ONE TO STOP THEM. So, if you can't take people's opinions and criticism, you need to step down from the helm and let the more suited captain fly the plane.

Have fun dealing with the soldiers,
    Zach

Edit: that spoiler was inappropriate and I apologize for posting it. I shouldn't have said that. Again, my apologies.

• It seems Godwin's Law has taken effect. This thread will probably be locked soon. MinecraftCreeper

Which would be a shame.
    Wouldn't surprise me if every single one of those complaining are still using the mod :P

Modify a Camaro, and it's still a Camaro. Modify these Advanced Machines, and they're still Advanced Machines.
    If you don't like the direction it's taken, feel free to either wait for zipp to fix the outdated mod, or learn Java and code a new one. :|

• Which would be a shame.
    Wouldn't surprise me if every single one of those complaining are still using the mod :P

Modify a Camaro, and it's still a Camaro. Modify these Advanced Machines, and they're still Advanced Machines.
    If you don't like the direction it's taken, feel free to either wait for zipp to fix the outdated mod, or learn Java and code a new one. :|

In response to you, it doesn't matter to me, I just want to prove a point. If you basically tell everyone to shove their opinions, you won't make any ground.

• In response to you, it doesn't matter to me, I just want to prove a point. If you basically tell everyone to shove their opinions, you won't make any ground.

Quite honestly, if people "Opinion" so far has only been complaining that old advanced machines were better and they want those instead, i too would have said to shove their opinions in that hidden spot where the sun doesnt shine. (Tip: its the ass)

If you dont like this new version of the advanced machine then deal with it a shut yer trap, nobody likes complainers and like i said before you dont have to use it if you dont want to.

Zipp went AWOL and never left any instruction of what to do with his mod in case he dissapeared, so anyone could have taken the project and shape it up however they saw fit and it would still be fair play. If Zipp comes back then he can ask for Atomik to either drop the name if its necessary. In the end is still the same shit, machines with a similar mechanic as induction furnace and with extra slots for input/output, if induction furnace wasnt nerfed/added module slots it was either because Modules are still fairly recent, or because the one who decided to implement the modules didnt foresaw this situation (Tip: Alblaka,creator of the induction furnace, didnt implemented the module upgrades)

• That they appear inferior to you is a PERSONAL OPINION, to be KEPT TO YOURSELVES.

Welcome to an Internet discussion forum, where that's NOT how it works.

You aren't the arbiter of who can say what around here - people get to express their opinions even if you don't like it.

Don't go around acting like you're an admin here - you speak for no one but yourself. You don't dictate forum policy - you don't even get to control what's said in this thread.

Clear enough?

• Has no one realized that the old advanced machines (v3.2b2) still works for v1.71? (ssp)(havent tried smp yet)

If you don't like this mod than stop flaming and go use the old version. There is no point arguing about something as little as a name change, and you fail to realize that the basis of the mod advanced machines is still there, you still have machines that macerate, compress, and extract at higher speeds for less EU.

Again, i say Advanced Machines v3.2b2 Still works for IC2 v1.71. So stop complaining about a slight alteration to an addon that is no longer being updated by the true owner and use the old version while you still can.

• Just gonna leave this here...

@all: Stop complaining about whether an addon might be overpowered from your point of view, you aren't forced to use it.

...and say it could also be interpreted the other way around (Instead of Overpowered, Underpowered).

• Quite honestly, if people "Opinion" so far has only been complaining that old advanced machines were better and they want those instead, i too would have said to shove their opinions in that hidden spot where the sun doesnt shine. (Tip: its the ass)

If you dont like this new version of the advanced machine then deal with it a shut yer trap, nobody likes complainers and like i said before you dont have to use it if you dont want to.

Zipp went AWOL and never left any instruction of what to do with his mod in case he dissapeared, so anyone could have taken the project and shape it up however they saw fit and it would still be fair play. If Zipp comes back then he can ask for Atomik to either drop the name if its necessary. In the end is still the same shit, machines with a similar mechanic as induction furnace and with extra slots for input/output, if induction furnace wasnt nerfed/added module slots it was either because Modules are still fairly recent, or because the one who decided to implement the modules didnt foresaw this situation (Tip: Alblaka,creator of the induction furnace, didnt implemented the module upgrades)

And that is where we differ.
    While it might sound completely right to tell people to shove it, in a scenario like this, that is not the case. How hard is it to change a name? After he refused to release the old version of the machines, we all went into the mode of, "then change the name at least". Wasn't like we were asking him to write a new mod or anything.
    But rest aside, we are both entitled to our opinions. And while I can see your point with the complaining, I don't see how it relates to people asking him to change the name of the mod? For clarity's sake, to stop confusion. But alas, apparently he, and some other people, don't work like that. So I'll leave them be, and I'll sit back and see how long this lasts.

Kudos,
    Zach

• Has no one realized that the old advanced machines (v3.2b2) still works for v1.71? (ssp)(havent tried smp yet)

If you don't like this mod than stop flaming and go use the old version. There is no point arguing about something as little as a name change, and you fail to realize that the basis of the mod advanced machines is still there, you still have machines that macerate, compress, and extract at higher speeds for less EU.

Again, i say Advanced Machines v3.2b2 Still works for IC2 v1.71. So stop complaining about a slight alteration to an addon that is no longer being updated by the true owner and use the old version while you still can.

A name change isn't as little as you think... look back to the scrolls lawsuit. That was over one word being shared between titles... This is about the fact that this is NOT Advanced Machines as it was designed. This is completely different and therefore should not have the same name. Period. It's be like Sony making a new gaming console and calling it the Wii or Xbox 360(instead of PS3). Is it similar in design? Sort of... Would Microsoft or Nintendo be pissed? Hell yes!

• Official Post

"Thin red line, right here boys."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen a couple of quite border-line-ish posts and as you all probably know i'm not a friend of overclocked discussions (=flame).
    I would like to ask everyone in the thread to return to a friendly and appropriate discussion. If you don't, you're free to search a different forum.

Regarding the mod:
    Zip didn't state any explicit copyrights. Thus, there is no valid argument against AtomicStryker overtaking AND MODIFYING the mod to his like, as long as he doesnt claim the mod to be 100% made by himself.
    And actually he states in the very first line of his OP, this was previously Zips work.
    As well, he may pick any name he likes to. Including the original one.

• Just registered to post my thanks to AS for his work thus far. I was utterly UTTERLY staggered by the amount of crying and whining done by users

You can say what you want about the changes, but how dare you people talk to someone who is under no obligation, and is working damned hard to code something like this (and then releasing it to the public FOR FREE) the way many have you been doing? It is appalling. If you REALLY have a huge problem (and by huge, I mean some of you make it sound like he comitted genocide), shut up, learn the code, and make it the way you want it to be. Don't fire off demands as if you are owed something. No one told you to update.

And for what it's worth; to those who were complaining about the name of the mod... I happen to access this mod through my use of Tekkit, which lists the inclusion of this mod as "Advanced Machines by AtomicStryker". I don't think the chain of custody is some hidden secret. I only just started getting into these modifications to minecraft and I already clearly understood that someone stopped development of something, and then it was taken over by someone new. Hell, the first post says as much.

Thanks again AS! :thumbup:

• So since we can have some rational discussion about this add-on....

Are there any plans to create more advanced utility functions to YOUR adv. machines? I'd rather stick to them since I find that they balance out better than the originals ever did, and they don't whore power as much as the former had as well. (However, it is annoying that I have to upgrade their current tolerance to max out the clocking speed, but I'll cross that bridge at another time and date when I need to)...

I was thinking about giving the option to instantly merge coal/bio/uranium into cells at their semi-raw states for the Singularity Compressor, as that helps cut production time between compressing-crafting-compressing said cells with the materials....

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Right, here is my changelog for 3.8 so far (i will not release it until IC2 is updated for 1.2.3)

Version 3.8
    Added more additive Macerating recipes
    - 1 Coal + 1 Re-Enriched Uranium Cell = 1 Uranium Cell
    - 1 BlockLog (eg wood) + 1 BlockCactus = 1 Compressed Plant Clump