1.3 Out.

• i personally like the idea of the maps all being smp-based.
    "hey man, that's a cool setup you have there"
    "you want to join me?"
    "sure! (insta-join)"

the searchable crafting index i'm not so keen on, as it takes away from looking up the recipe AND usage players got when they had to go to a wiki. now if it only held recipes you've already crafted...i'd not have a problem with that.
    does this effectively kill TMI? (i didn't like TMI, too much trouble)

• does this effectively kill TMI? (i didn't like TMI, too much trouble)

TMI? Seriously? People still use that? XP

Anyway.

I tried a world with Large Biomes yesterday. Cool though it may be, it'd probably be better for maps you intend to play with friends - I spawned in a jungle, and even with a bonus chest, I was in danger of starving right from the get-go. I do like the new cocoa beans, though.

I wonder what Eloraam's gonna have to do with regards to the new gems (rubies are slated to come out in addition to the emeralds).

• Official Post

I wonder what Eloraam's gonna have to do with regards to the new gems (rubies are slated to come out in addition to the emeralds).

There is even more to wonder:

Automatic Factories producing additionally XP from Furnaces! How does that get handled? XP in Pneumatic Tubes, No XP at all, XP laying on the ground and lagging the Game out? And all the Mod-Machines like our Macerator! Will they also Produce XP? Questions over Questions.

And what is that "searchable Craftingindex"? Did they made it like NEI? I must test that.

• Minecraft Wiki says Emeralds only spawn in Extreme Hills. Why hasn't this been done before, at least as a toggle-able option? I'd love a reason to have mines in different biomes for different things.

• Well Alblaka I do hope you guys to plan to port to 1.3, I know Eloraam has already said she is planning to port RP2 over for 1.3. I do agree with you, it will be interesting to see how BTW fairs with this new system.

• Well Alblaka I do hope you guys to plan to port to 1.3, I know Eloraam has already said she is planning to port RP2 over for 1.3. I do agree with you, it will be interesting to see how BTW fairs with this new system.

You mean how BTW fairs with the mentioned Mojang API?

• You mean how BTW fairs with the mentioned Mojang API?

That's a good question, but I personally doubt that the official API will be worth much. I certainly expect to still have to install Forge at least. Honnestly, I'm really suspicious of the API. I worry that's it will be a reason for Mojang to say "we gave you an API, any mods based on decompiled source code are now TOS violations." I know I might be being a little paranoid, but companies (and their lawyers) have done crazier things.

• You mean how BTW fairs with the mentioned Mojang API?

I was referring to the changes on how SSP is handled with the new local server. Maybe we will see BTW make that transformation, but since he is against forge we won't be sampling the 1.3 update for BTW.

That's a good question, but I personally doubt that the official API will be worth much. I certainly expect to still have to install Forge at least. Honnestly, I'm really suspicious of the API. I worry that's it will be a reason for Mojang to say "we gave you an API, any mods based on decompiled source code are now TOS violations." I know I might be being a little paranoid, but companies (and their lawyers) have done crazier things.

I tend to agree with you as well and the reason why is the console platforms. Currently if you are playing on a console then is SOL for mods. However, with a official API mojang can setup a system to deliver mods to players on consoles and let them enjoy modding. Another thing is how long it is taking them to get it out... 1.1 was supposed to be the API, then it went to 1.2, then 1.3, and I am assuming Jeb is saying 1.4.

I am focused on the here and now of MC. I am hoping that TehKrush makes good on his promise to update plasticraft, and hoping that all my tech mods get updated as well.

• What does forge have to do with BTW "becoming" Mp? If the old ModloaderMP Isn't dead yet he can just use that to keep being the autistic little child he always have been.

lol. Alblaka had brought it up in the discussion and I was just responding to him.

• That's a good question, but I personally doubt that the official API will be worth much. I certainly expect to still have to install Forge at least. Honnestly, I'm really suspicious of the API. I worry that's it will be a reason for Mojang to say "we gave you an API, any mods based on decompiled source code are now TOS violations." I know I might be being a little paranoid, but companies (and their lawyers) have done crazier things.

Follow the MC devs on twitter if you're paranoid. There's pretty much no chance they'll claim TOS violations for mods based on decompiling. They're pretty community focused. They even have an official policy on never signing a non-disclosure agreement due to it starting off a business relationship with implied mistrust.

• Heh heh heh, yeah... Whoops.

Anyhow, it would be interesting to see what FC does about this, last I heard MLMP is dead in the water by now.