~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• Reading some other posts I learned of the GT options, but 50 J to 1 EU is crazy, and for the exponential costs, no, 10 J to 1 EU sounds good to me, and what is this about breaking BackTools...

The mod doesn't break BackTools actually. But Backtools apparently doesn't work with one of the required APIs for this mod. And 50eu to 1 joule isn't that bad compared to 180 eu to one joule. But the current standard for IC2 to UE power as set by Calcavica is 500 watts/joules to one EU. Keep in mind the base unit of energy with UE is a joule. 1000 joules is a kilojoule. 1000000 joules is a millijoule. I actually support the 500 watts/joules to one EU, because otherwise converting to UE from EU is pointless in this mod considering how many Joules it takes to charge this suit.

Best choice for the conversion ratio however, is configurable. Depending on who you listen to, the ratios are very different. PowerCrystals has it at a 1800 EU to 10 UE something(I have to check, actually), which depending on how one looks at it(and if it's MJ or KJ or even J you get), it could be very powerful or very weak. But his mod is configurable, so one could make it any number you wanted. And in modding, the end user always knows his install best, and thus adding the ability to chose your energy ratios is important for people who want to tweak their install.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• 1: The thing that would break backtools is RenderPlayerAPI. I'm probably going to make it optional anyway since it's a jar mod and I still have quite a few other priorities. For now, don't worry about it.
    2: It actually already is configurable, I just forgot to include it in the initialization where it auto-generates the config file. If you put a line in your config file under 'general' like this:

Code
    D:"Joules per IC2 EU"=1.0

note that's a D (double) not a B (boolean)

then it should use that value.

(will be auto-generated next release~)

Hmm... wish the suit as it slowly lost energy over time through use would be equalized so far only my boots have been draining when doing all the things I do with it. mining, jetpacking, swimming, ect, ect.

Yeah, I thought about having them all drain equally but then it's more effort to take ALL your items off and toss them in a charging bench or whatever. Other than that it's simpler math-wise (and computation-wise) to just drain them in the order they are in your inventory. (Minecraft represents them in order from boots to head). Regardless, all the modules access energy from the whole player, not just the item's own internal storage.

• Odd... is the suit or any part of it suppose to take damage? I had half the durability on my boots die when taking damage. Shouldn't the suit be like nano and quantum armor in that it protects you until it runs out of power and not take durability damage? I had a full energy bar on the left hand side of my screen yet the boots since they appear to be the first item to take energy loss took damage.

Further my energy didn't drop in the slightest, I have both a diamond plate and a full strength energy shield. Energy level didn't drop but the boots took damage instead.

• Odd... is the suit or any part of it suppose to take damage? I had half the durability on my boots die when taking damage. Shouldn't the suit be like nano and quantum armor in that it protects you until it runs out of power and not take durability damage? I had a full energy bar on the left hand side of my screen yet the boots since they appear to be the first item to take energy loss took damage.

Further my energy didn't drop in the slightest, I have both a diamond plate and a full strength energy shield. Energy level didn't drop but the boots took damage instead.

Yes, it is supposed to drain energy and just not work when it's out of energy. I have heard that the durability damage is related to the new Thorns enchantment. I'll look into it.

• Yes, it is supposed to drain energy and just not work when it's out of energy. I have heard that the durability damage is related to the new Thorns enchantment. I'll look into it.

LOL well that might explain it seeing how I did enchant the armor and it has Thorns III on it. Still though glad your gonna look into it... armor is expensive to make especially if your using gregtech :P

• Moved to a proper build system finally! Jenkins link

Current build has a bunch of minor bugfixes over the last update (diamond drill required to harvest obsidian, armor no longer enchantable, a few minor recipe nerfs), as well as a new Tinker Table model c/o Sebk.

Keybinds still aren't implemented, though the basic GUI is there if people want to play with it a bit. Gonna have to do some careful behind-the-scenes manipulation to get it to work efficiently

• Neat, I like the change to the tinker table :D

-Edit-

Datfaq? built in goggles of revealing!? (though you actually need to use some goggles to install the modual) awesome sauce.

• Just encountered a little bug on the latest build (the 2.0-18 one) whereby after installing the goggles of revealing module in my helmet and then just doing some random stuff (nothing that should cause the bug inherently) I dropped something from my inventory and the hologram emmiter appeared back in my inventory (the goggle module was still installed and functioning) I then sorted my inventory (with inventory tweaks) and the goggles reappeared.

I know inventory tweaks does occasionally cause a few bugs to do with items appearing from no where so it may have been caused by that but thought I would report it here just incase.

• Just encountered a little bug on the latest build (the 2.0-18 one) whereby after installing the goggles of revealing module in my helmet and then just doing some random stuff (nothing that should cause the bug inherently) I dropped something from my inventory and the hologram emmiter appeared back in my inventory (the goggle module was still installed and functioning) I then sorted my inventory (with inventory tweaks) and the goggles reappeared.

I know inventory tweaks does occasionally cause a few bugs to do with items appearing from no where so it may have been caused by that but thought I would report it here just incase.

were you on creative mode? I just added a thing where you get modules for free if you are on creative mode. it's a little buggy still, so it might have deleted them client-side but not server-side and then dropping an item caused it to refresh.

Dat tinker table model... :love:

I love me my sebk

p.s. keybinds are now working!!! Press k (configurable in minecraft default thingy) to open up the gui. Drag and drop. Let me know if I missed any modules that should be toggleable.

• were you on creative mode? I just added a thing where you get modules for free if you are on creative mode. it's a little buggy still, so it might have deleted them client-side but not server-side and then dropping an item caused it to refresh.

I was not in creative mode but did have cheat mode for NEI enabled not sure if that would affect it I will delete the module and try again without cheat mode on.

Edit: Also do love that new Tinker Table model and ooh keybinds... now if only RP 2 will behave so I can have a play with them.

Edit 2: Just tried it again on the latest build out side of cheat mode and it still returned the hologram emmiter and goggles of revealing to me after using them when I sort my inventory but it also seems to happen with any item requiring a holo emmiter.

Also on a slightly less buggy slightly more awesome note, loving the keybind GUI and the ability to turn things off on the fly seems really innovative and also quicker to use than having to scroll through a list for each of my modules to set the configs and a lot cooler to look at.

Did you modify the way the jump boost works because now when using it it seems to give me a lot more forward momentum than before which is awesome, loving all the changes and additions so far keep up the good work : )

• I can confirm that installing modules seems to randomly not consume components.

Unrelated to that, i think the diamond armor module should be un-craftable back into diamonds if you manage to salvage it, sooner or later everyone will be switching to energy shields and that's just 20 diamonds down the drain.

• ok, you guys were right, I missed a ! on the server side. So it was actually only deleting if you *weren't* on creative mode. oops :wacko:

I was also planning to add uncrafting recipes for the platings and capacitors, so I've gone ahead and done that. the only problem is there could be conflicts and/or ways to convert items if more than one recipe set is enabled :pinch:

latest build should be available nowish.

• Idea: CF-Pack module.
    Does what it says. Requires 2 CF-Packs and 3 Electronic Circuits to install. You can upgrade it with 2 Advanced Circuits and 1 Mass Fabricator (Energy-flow Circuits and Matter Fab on GT Mode).

Ability: A CF-Pack.
    Ability of upgrade: Auto-stocks 256 CF Pellets in itself (by consuming CF Pellets from player inventory) and manufactures them automatically using energy with the MatterFab if it runs low (<10%)

• Idea: CF-Pack module.
    Does what it says. Requires 2 CF-Packs and 3 Electronic Circuits to install. You can upgrade it with 2 Advanced Circuits and 1 Mass Fabricator (Energy-flow Circuits and Matter Fab on GT Mode).

Ability: A CF-Pack.
    Ability of upgrade: Auto-stocks 256 CF Pellets in itself (by consuming CF Pellets from player inventory) and manufactures them automatically using energy with the MatterFab if it runs low (<10%)

CF probably won't happen since it would require me to delve into IC2's source code, but I definitely want to add multiple ways of laying down multiple blocks at once.

• Official Post

CF probably won't happen since it would require me to delve into IC2's source code, but I definitely want to add multiple ways of laying down multiple blocks at once.

Thats not that hard. Just place 13 CF-Blocks. And if used on Scaffold, then replace the Scaffolds with CF. But the Cable-CF-ing could be a problem.

• Ok, first weapon is the Plasma Cannon. I've been kind of sick so there's likely some silly mistakes in the behaviour/etc.

How it works:

A bit like a bow, but prettier. It can charge for up to 50 ticks (2.5 seconds). Damage (on contacting an entity) or explosion radius (on contacting a block) are tinkerable and scale linearly with charge time.

Is available on jenkins if anyone wants to test it out :)

Thats not that hard. Just place 13 CF-Blocks. And if used on Scaffold, then replace the Scaffolds with CF. But the Cable-CF-ing could be a problem.

Oh, in that case it might be a possibility. *shrug*