Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• I really do hate such narcissistic features like that. Either code it for everybody, or code it for nobody. Don't do this "selective feature for select person" crap to make individuals unnecessary special...

Course I'm sure it's just another ploy to appease the FTB crowd. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure their Propaganda(which is still the Offical IC² PR Asshole)will make it look like an awesome Feature. "Ohhh look he made the Bee Addict a Special bee only she can use! What a great Feature of the new Forestry Version. On another note, it is even worse when such Features are put into public Releases when selected users don't use These anyway.

• Official Post

"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" ~ Joseph Stalin

• I really do hate such narcissistic features like that. Either code it for everybody, or code it for nobody. Don't do this "selective feature for select person" crap to make individuals unnecessary special...

Course I'm sure it's just another ploy to appease the FTB crowd. :rolleyes:

Oh! Look! People complaining in the most insulting form possible about the most unimportant mini-easter-egg someone put into his mod for a good friend. Yay!

(And... might I just point out that the jaded bee is part of ExtraBees, not Forestry? But this is the internet, so don't let facts, common sense or basic decency get in your way of insulting people.)

• Official Post

*glares at the people viewing this thread*

You guys should drop the silly argument :P

• The Jaded Bee has been in Extra Bees for nearly a year now. They are not a Forestry bee and its not a recent addition. At the time it was added I was only a moderator on the FTB forums. It was the stated reward for being the first person to breed every species of bee from all 3 bee mods.

I do use public releases of the mods. I only use non public releases during alpha tests of mods. The primary pack I play is a public pack with public releases. Most of the packs I test are public packs with public mod versions

To get the bee I have to get to the end to get the end bee, and then breed the Relic bee from Extra Bees which has one of the lower mutation rates and requires the end of line Imperial bee and the Prehistoric bee from Extra Bees. Then once I place the Relic and Ender bees in their home to begin mutation I get a 2% chance of getting the Jaded bee. All traits on the Jaded bee are available on other bees. It gives purple dye. Which can also be gotten from the Lavender bee from Extra Bees. Everything on the bee can be gotten from other bees. The only difference is that one is called Jaded and has a horn to halo animation that flickers on and off. Basically its like the capes several other mods add. It does nothing special except be limited to a specific person in online mode. Though there are ways around that too like having it spawned in.

I really don't understand the animosity over a bee that does nothing special except have a unique name and a different animation. It certainly doesn't give me any extra abilities. There are easier ways to produce purple dye. And easier paths to get the traits. Its a troll bee.

Several mods add easter eggs named after people "Holy Planks of Sengir" ring any bells? Many mods add capes or other items for devs/friends/donators. If it doesn't give anyone an advantage in game why would anyone else care? It doesn't count towards your completion ratio for bee species. It counts towards mine so I have to breed 1 more species than anyone else if I want full completion again. Its a harmless gift from a friend. I am sorry that people think gifts from friends are bad. I am grateful my friends are willing to take the time to make something that makes me smile. I hope all of you have friends that want you to smile too. And if having a friend make you smile makes you feel special I am happy for you, everyone should have friends like that, they are the best thing in the world, aside from cheesecake.

(Also I am not so good at using this quote system)

• I think the most common easter egg is Notch's Golden Apple in the main game which you can only obtain from killing Notch (If memory serves me correctly). I agree with jaded, and I have stated this in a thread similar to this post, this is absolutely pathetic. I'm not going to rage like I did in the last thread (yet...) but seriously, just drop it. If you really want it then use Forestry's debug tool and spawn one in.

If you think I'm kidding when I said that I have raged about this in the past, the thread is here IC2 Phoning Home...?
    And the Post is here (post 105 because I can't quote from this thread)

OK, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...

Saul Goode, can you provide, ANY proof that there is code in the mod that gives the IC2 devs and testers a special cape. Also, unless your using a VERY early computer and a REALY crap Internet connection, your complaining about "code" that is smaller (in terms of bytes) then a empty notepad document. I said this in my last post here, IT"S A F^&%%$N CAPE, GET OVER IT!!!! It's just somthing to say "I work on/test IC2". Would anyone complain if Krapht or Sengir put a cape code into buildcraft? or how about Xen0 and Pahimar for EE3 and Reliquary? I don't here anyone complain about the Mojang capes. Now PLEASE, DROP THE SUBJECT, and if it's really bugging you, that much, stop playing IC2

Now if you would excuse me, I have to go calm down

• I think the most common easter egg is Notch's Golden Apple in the main game which you can only obtain from killing Notch (If memory serves me correctly). I agree with jaded, and I have stated this in a thread similar to this post, this is absolutely pathetic. I'm not going to rage like I did in the last thread (yet...) but seriously, just drop it. If you really want it then use Forestry's debug tool and spawn one in.

If you think I'm kidding when I said that I have raged about this in the past, the thread is here IC2 Phoning Home...?
    And the Post is here (post 105 because I can't quote from this thread)

Apparently it's bugged, according to Dinnerbone on one of the Mindcrack episodes.

• Official Post

Several mods add easter eggs named after people "Holy Planks of Sengir" ring any bells?

Well you can't compare those with your Bees, since they can be obtained by everyone who is stupid enough to use the only Dragon Egg he has (assuming no Egg duping) together with 8 Nether Stars just to get those Planks with a Smite X Enchantment.

I asked originally for what those Bees can, because I wanted to know if they even have an advantage over the normally obtainable Bees, and they have ofcourse no advantage.

And why is there so much flame about a Bee?

I think the most common easter egg is Notch's Golden Apple in the main game which you can only obtain from killing Notch (If memory serves me correctly).

1. It is a regular red Apple. (red Apples were unobtainable in early Minecraft Beta Versions, so you were not able to craft a Golden Apple without killing Notch)
    2. It is bugged, Docm77 killed Notch on Mindcrack (by accident! he wanted to save him from a Skeleton!) and no Apple has been dropped.

Oh! Look! People complaining in the most insulting form possible about the most unimportant mini-easter-egg someone put into his mod for a good friend. Yay!

Sengir, I really didn't think that you were the type of person to get so butthurt over something so trite as an opinion on the internet. It's not like I was calling your mod a piece of shit, or disrespecting your style of code. I was only stating an opinion over a feature I thought was unnessecarry. Course, it is post-holiday time, so I imagine your level of paticence and level headedness has throughly been exhausted. I imagine a good beer is in order?

I really don't understand the animosity over a bee that does nothing special except have a unique name and a different animation.

The fact that you had to create an account on this site just to "defend a feature" only proves how easily you are to provoke when it comes to opinions that are not of any true or dire concern. That was not my intention, and I don't know what member at FTB decided to create drama claiming I was doing so. So just calm down...

And why is there so much flame about a Bee?

Better question is why is it a big deal when someone disagrees with a feature?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I noticed that in every thread we've got more guests than users.
    REVEAL YOUR IDENTITY!

• Official Post

Who'd of thought one bee could have caused so much trouble :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Who'd of thought one bee could have caused so much trouble :P

But hey, if they want to get mad, then let them be mad. I don't see why it's such a big deal to dislike something so petty anyway...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.