[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Update GT5.08.33
    Merged all 5.09 bugfixes and forestry update into 5.08 branch.

GT 5.09.15
    Wires now need 4 ticks overamps to burn(configuable).
    Fixed alternative filter recipe.
    Fixed achievement not unlockable.
    Changed load order of fluids shared with IHL for better updating.
    Oredicted PlatinumGroupSludge.

• thanks for the quick fix bloody

also the FPS wasn't GT related, sorry for any confusion. on that not can we get a mid level barrel/drum/container for fluids? nutting as big as ExU drums but bigger than BC tanks?

• thanks for the quick fix bloody

also the FPS wasn't GT related, sorry for any confusion. on that not can we get a mid level barrel/drum/container for fluids? nutting as big as ExU drums but bigger than BC tanks?

There was someone else here that was going to make barrels. Wood, plastic, alum., steel, stainless, tungsteel, and maybe neutronium. But I haven't heard from them in ages. Either way I would like modular barrels to use for fluid storage, because cells don't cut it.

HEY BLOODY!
    Any planned use for Co2? It currently is a byproduct of centrifuging liquid air but has no use whatsoever. Not even possible to break into C and O2.
    Now i'm thinking about dry ice...

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

Edited once, last by axlegear ().

• Blood Asp, would you like to add Rhodium, Ruthenium, Technetium, Neptunium in the mod?

He can't. There are no more free ID for materials.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• I dont see any use in new elements anyway. There are lots in the mod that are useless like Tantalum, also it would require new Worldgen, which would break existing saves.

• Dicobalt Molecules?

-----

Wait a sec, you RAN OUT OF MATERIAL IDS ALREADY?!? Wow, good that I switched to a 32000 ID System (32000-32766 are reserved in case some MineTweaker thing allows to add Materials)

Er. What about a 2,000,000,000 id system, representing an id in an Integer?

• What happens if a mod tries to assign an ID out of bounds..? I'm curious because there's a persistant world corruption bug that I can only trigger with GT5U present, and may be related to assigning more items than IDs and causing a wraparound or overflow.. maybe? I really don't know. It's an ongoing hunt. But any theories would help.

You guys may not hear much for me for a few days. I'm currently high as a kite on hydrocodone and still in unyielding agony. Just had rather major reconstructive dental/jaw surgury and my mouth is like hamburger meat. So I can't really think clearly enough to bug-hunt or do much other than maintain my laboratory's automatic systems.. It's all I can do save lay in bed moaning.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Everyone knows how Greg likes to regularly do a total rewrite of Gregtech, which causes you to have to delete your worlds because all the stuff is missing or changed too much. I love this unofficial port because it allows me to continue updating to newer versions without having to delete all of my progress "just to have the new Railcraft electric locomotives" for example. Thank you for saving all of that time for us in the future, which would otherwise be wasted rebuilding our everything and in waiting for Greg to finally getting around to adding basic machines to the new and improved GregTech 47 (or whatever edition number ends up being the label for the only edition which is updated to be compatible with the latest Minecraft version)

I should also mention that the platinum ore texture is either missing or the name is not aligned to what the code references. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

This isn't a huge game-breaking problem, but it sure does make platinum ore look "interesting"

• I should also mention that the platinum ore texture is either missing or the name is not aligned to what the code references.
    This isn't a huge game-breaking problem, but it sure does make platinum ore look "interesting"

I don't think that's GregTech platinum ore, because it has a metadata value of 9, while platinum ore from the latest GT5 would have a metadata value of 85 (or 2085 for the endstone version).

• I should also mention that the platinum ore texture is either missing or the name is not aligned to what the code references.

Go install Waila so you can see which mod that ore is actually from so you can make sure your complaint is directed at the correct mod.

• Hello Blood,
    Great work on GT5U, I absolutely love the things you have added and how you actually made GT5 properly playable.

For a long time, there has been a strange rendering bug. Every gem ore, with the exception of opal, seems to render as plain stone (or whatever base stone is used to render on top of). I believe at some point, someone pointed this bug out on the original Gregtech thread by GregoriusT, but since GT5 is in your hands now and GT6 doesn't seem to have this problem I thought it might be a good idea to tell you about it.
    The bug may be mac/osx related (since that is what I use at the moment), and it seems to have little to do with the version of the OS (it's been there for at least 4 iterations of OSX now). Is there anything that Gem ores do different in their rendering than metal ores? If so, it might be a bug somewhere in there.

Edit: Opal has the metal ore mask, not the gem one, so that is probably why it renders properly. Ores with other masks, like lignite and bastnasite render just fine.

• I've had this problem since Kirara 2.0, never found a fix
    I'm on Linux

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• At some point, I don't know if it's still the case now, but I got this bug, and my brother, on same MAC version didn't.
    And I was recently reading back in the GT6 forms, and this bug was mentioned, with Greg saying it had something to do with the underlying render code version.

• Hello Blood,
    Great work on GT5U, I absolutely love the things you have added and how you actually made GT5 properly playable.

For a long time, there has been a strange rendering bug. Every gem ore, with the exception of opal, seems to render as plain stone (or whatever base stone is used to render on top of). I believe at some point, someone pointed this bug out on the original Gregtech thread by GregoriusT, but since GT5 is in your hands now and GT6 doesn't seem to have this problem I thought it might be a good idea to tell you about it.
    The bug may be mac/osx related (since that is what I use at the moment), and it seems to have little to do with the version of the OS (it's been there for at least 4 iterations of OSX now). Is there anything that Gem ores do different in their rendering than metal ores? If so, it might be a bug somewhere in there.

Edit: Opal has the metal ore mask, not the gem one, so that is probably why it renders properly. Ores with other masks, like lignite and bastnasite render just fine.

Im on Linux, and many my frends too. Please, attach screenshoots of bug. I want to see.