[1.4.5] Open Beta v1.109

• Add IWrenchable.getWrenchDrop(EntityPlayer):ItemStack

YES. PLEASE. NOW.

That solves one of the more aggravating problems I've been having with SeedManager right now. The current wrench is extremely evil in the item it drops, because I can't configure it in any way without becoming the wrench myself. So the metadata bits I'm using to store information about the current machine state get preserved in the wrenched item, and the end user is left with a bunch of "different" stacks, because the machines were picked up in different states. I can't even swap out the metadata for the canonical one on removal, because that annoying bastard of a wrench caches the value before I'm told he's thinking about picking me up.

Also, this API "breakage" is utterly trivial. It's about as hard to fix compatibility with it as it is to fix compatibility with your average Minecraft release... and I'm talking 1.4.2->1.4.5, not 1.2.5->1.3.

• Addon developers, mind if I break the API a bit?

- Add IWrenchable.getWrenchDrop(EntityPlayer):ItemStack
    - Add a few methods to IEnergyStorage that Gregorius suggested

Go for it. I'm not using the wrench for my addons because I wasn't able to configure it, so that would be nice. What methods to IEnergyStorage are you adding?

• YES. PLEASE. NOW.

That solves one of the more aggravating problems I've been having with SeedManager right now. The current wrench is extremely evil in the item it drops, because I can't configure it in any way without becoming the wrench myself. So the metadata bits I'm using to store information about the current machine state get preserved in the wrenched item, and the end user is left with a bunch of "different" stacks, because the machines were picked up in different states. I can't even swap out the metadata for the canonical one on removal, because that annoying bastard of a wrench caches the value before I'm told he's thinking about picking me up.

Also, this API "breakage" is utterly trivial. It's about as hard to fix compatibility with it as it is to fix compatibility with your average Minecraft release... and I'm talking 1.4.2->1.4.5, not 1.2.5->1.3.

Would this change mean there will be a specific location to perform anything that needs to be done WHEN a machine gets picked up via wrench? Because last time we tried to make APM work with wrenches, we found that it wasn't calling the normal method for when a player is removing a block (onBlockDestroyedByPlayer).

If wrenches were expected to call that method instead of simply clearing the block, it would make it a lot easier to have the machine drop any items it contained or do any other required cleanup, in an appropriate manner.

• I take it the Bug-tracker was taken down for 1.109 Beta?
    Nano Armor absorbs no damage at all, changes to electric armor seems to also make it not absorb general mob damage. At the moment, even leather is better.
    Just tried with full Quantum armor, chestpiece and all. Got one-shot by a creeper. So yeah, it's absorbing no damage what so ever, explosive, mobs-damage or otherwise.

Ah, strike that. Q-chest does absorb fall damage, but that's pretty much it. Falling down 40ish blocks hurts less than a skeleton looking at me.

• I seem to remember a few pages ago, you said the problem with only the uranium ore block being able to be put in the compressor was fixed. According to NEI, it seems the Uranium Ore block can be compressed into Refined Uranium, but the Uranium Ore item can't. And yes, I am using the current version of NEI.

Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

• I take it the Bug-tracker was taken down for 1.109 Beta?
    Nano Armor absorbs no damage at all, changes to electric armor seems to also make it not absorb general mob damage. At the moment, even leather is better.
    Just tried with full Quantum armor, chestpiece and all. Got one-shot by a creeper. So yeah, it's absorbing no damage what so ever, explosive, mobs-damage or otherwise.

Ah, strike that. Q-chest does absorb fall damage, but that's pretty much it. Falling down 40ish blocks hurts less than a skeleton looking at me.

that would be the Q-boots witch stop fall damage.

• Pardon my asking (I do hope this is an appropriate place to do so), but could someone tell me roughly how stable this beta is? I recently had an epiphany that a number of the features in Industrialcraft fit perfectly with things I wanted to do, and have been looking/waiting for mods for, but I'm already updated to 1.4.5. So, I'm wondering if it's worth diving right in with the beta, or if waiting for the release version to come out is my best bet.

In the real world things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves, not a dramatic feeling but great emptiness. When you lose someone you loved very much you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming I would have done things differently.' —Yoshinori Kitase

• Hey, guys. I have a problem. I have installed Forge Loader 6.4.1.407 and Industrial Craft 2 v1.109 on the 1.4.5 server and client. But when i trying to put any of IC2 blocks he is at once disappear. Here is a video
    LINK TO VIDEO
    Server log in the attachment.
    Thanks.

Wrong version of forge, run only the recommended version. (397, they made a major change in versions beyond that)
    Far as I know, only Railcraft has updated for newer forge versions.

• Wrong version of forge, run only the recommended version. (397, they made a major change in versions beyond that)
    Far as I know, only Railcraft has updated for newer forge versions.

Oh, thank you for help :D I think developers should note this in the topic.

• More stable than the Official Release, unless you want Sounds.

Okay, thanks for that. I'll be looking into setting it up later, then.

In the real world things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves, not a dramatic feeling but great emptiness. When you lose someone you loved very much you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming I would have done things differently.' —Yoshinori Kitase

• It works, but you can also update to 397, if you want. Like, three posts above yours someone mentions Forge > 397 made some API changes that break this version of the beta (1.109.113, for future reference).

• Can you fix Windmills, they're quite glitchy.

Windmill at Y:197 works better than the one at y:205 in the exactly same chunk and x and z position.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Hi, I'm just starting with IC2 and I have some issue with IDs. Conflict is probably between buildcraft and ic2. I changed conflicted IDs manually and it works good in single player. But if I change anything in server mod config files (same version of all mods as client) I get this error. Without changes server works well, but instead of gears there is Nuke or Industrial TNT. On single player changing IDs form 40xx to 30xx worked good.
    Can you please tell any solution of this? I'm waiting so long to finally play this with friends on 1.4.5, but there is another error with every version :?

Server log and crash report: