Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• And I though German was weird for pronouncing the units before the tens, and the use of "," instead of "." for the decimal point. (yes I know other countries use it too.)

I can understand the use of base 20 but "-1/2 + 5" instead of "4+ 1/2" ?!?

At least it makes me appreciate that the numbers in English are easy. (although the rest of the language is another story.)

• Official Post

And I though German was weird for pronouncing the units before the tens, and the use of "," instead of "." for the decimal point. (yes I know other countries use it too.)

We call that thing "Decimal Comma". We use the Point as https://translate.google.com/#de/en/tausendertrennzeichen, and since a point is smaller than a comma, it has less meaning and therefore makes more sense being used as a separator. But I agree on the "7 + 90" thing being a stupid order of saying a number.

• Yay, 2 milestones tonight:
    -RTG powered rail system is now RTG-only power. full 6 rtg fuel in the generator
    -Reactor overhauled: converted to super-heated steam turbine instead of sterling generators. (untested as of yet). 'Diesel' biofuel system tied in to prime system in addition to continuing service as backup power.

• We call that thing "Decimal Comma". We use the Point as https://translate.google.com/#de/en/tausendertrennzeichen, and since a point is smaller than a comma, it has less meaning and therefore makes more sense being used as a separator. But I agree on the "7 + 90" thing being a stupid order of saying a number.

well, either George R. R. Martins is wrong, or you can say it that way in english, too. He makes his characters say things like "5-and-20" at times.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Official Post

Sorry I havent been on lately, but I do have several excuses.

1. LoL is a fucking addictive game, holy shit. Gold 4 baby, #ELOHELL4lyfe.

2. Forums account kept resetting. For some reason, every week or so my password would change so I couldn't log in, don't know of it is still doing this but nothing appears to happen on my account so it might just be some strange error. Reset it to a new one now, hopefully it works.

3. FPS Lag from shitty laptop and GREGS 10 BILLION FUCKING TEXTURES ADDED EVERY FUCKING PATCH made it very demoralising to play/work on MC stuff, so I kind quit in pursuit of quality memes over on reddit and league. This and GCSE/college stuff is kinda distracting. I might start it again if my wrist heals up, i have minor RSI from clicking too much :(

I will still visit occasionally and have been checking up on stuff, but I won't be finishing that gregtech pack. Im only one man: Greg, how can you do this to me?

Not sure how I feel about this "Aroma" guy though, he kinda... stinks 8)

• Lol guess I'm going to need to replace Sirus ;P

inucune : Nice, Railcraft I presume ?
    @French for 97 : It's not exactly true everywhere, like here for us we pronounce it 90 + 7, but other people from elsewhere might indeed pronounce it 4*20+10+7 lol
    @GRAG : Need textures ;) ? Also, 100% agree about NEIN Grags, and we also have the decimal comma, lol :D

• Kk like you want, also still working on dat fanart of you I talked once ;) Greg, manga style :D ( You look a bit like eggman, intentional ;) )

• Official Post

The warm part of Germany, which is more specific than just Germany :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to help with the quest design for a new map... sadly the people I was making the last one for decided they wanted a HQM skyblock, so all my work on the last one had to be scrapped (though I plan to bring back some ideas)

• first full-scale pressure test of the turbine system. works like a dream.

edit: minor tuning: water needs to be forced down, not output to the first side, as this causes a feedback issue with water being retained between the turbines, effecting efficiency.

• Official Post

Oh Greg showed his Living place now xD The searching radius decreased from: "The World" to "Germany" XDDD

Everyone knew that I am german, before you said that. The Country affiliation just got disabled about a year or two ago (causing it to get deleted whenever you edit your Profile), and when imer readded it a few weeks ago, I edited it back in.

And I said a lot of things with which you can almost pinpoint my exact location (if you listened to all of them, I mentioned some of them on the Server). There are also some other smart things you could do, since you probably know I use 4G LTE, you could use an LTE Map to exclude all places without it.

The warm part of Germany, which is more specific than just Germany :P

I was in the middle of a Venn Diagramm of Summer Heat just a weekend ago. Also it is 28°C in my Room already at 10 o'clock in the morning.

• I am aware of the water-loss from start/stopping the turbine...but i'm losing water at an alarming rate, with no visible leakage. I blame the seals used between blocks. perhaps someone could look into manufacturing better seals?

A leaky reactor, even on the secondary loop, sounds like a bad thing.

edit: 500mb an hour is a lot to leak while running non-stop