[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Official Post

I am not for sure. And if the majority of the population was psychic, I'd highly doubt that would go unnoticed for a long time.

Not if they weren't aware they were psychic.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I would vote for option 3, though really, I am only interested in a hardmode, tech-only server, and I think splitting the player base may not be a good thing. I would like to keep the current K4 server around as long as possible though. I like my base there and I don't want to have to rebuild it. perhaps we could do a machine-reset, since IC2 machines were enabled accidentally, remove all the machines and compensate people for them. that way nobody has an unfair advantage.

• Well the playerbase was kinda split with K1-3, but I see how that could be annoying. Maybe we should work towards 3 servers instead of 4?

You read my mind, sir. I think 4 servers is overkill as well. 3 servers should be plenty for the player base and you'd actually get more people per server meaning having no qCraft portal would be less of a problem.

I would vote for option 3, though really, I am only interested in a hardmode, tech-only server, and I think splitting the player base may not be a good thing. I would like to keep the current K4 server around as long as possible though. I like my base there and I don't want to have to rebuild it. perhaps we could do a machine-reset, since IC2 machines were enabled accidentally, remove all the machines and compensate people for them. that way nobody has an unfair advantage.

Unless Greg implements something that would require a restart to be able to complete the game, K4 will pretty much be the light server, which I will start referring to as Kirara - Basic.

I'll nerf you so hard, you have no idea. Shouldn't have asked for that. ;] About reconsidering your position... Why ? Not sure I get you there. ;P You had the position and I figure you had it for a reason. Unless you start making trouble or abuse the OP functions, like doing stuff that would affect other players, then I see no reason to revoke that... At all.
    3-4 massively different servers would make qCraft portals unusable. It's not because I don't want them or think they're worthless, they're just gonna get unusable.
    About the mod suggestions... GalactiCraft will be on the largest server if people agree. Powersuit mod would as well. Once I've nerfed it so bad even you'd cry, though. ;] 'Cause yeah... MPS is really powerful.
    AE Quartz Wrench hmm... Why is it disabled in the first place ? And admin anchor, sadly, that would be a no. Free chunkloading is not fun to me, and will make the server laggy once people quit and leave them behind. So, agreed with everything, but the admin anchor.

If you do choose to add a biome mod, I like EBXL more as BoP really feels bloated now and you can actually find vanilla biomes with it installed.

I'll one-up you and say highlands :P

EBXL still feels like it has loads of repeating biomes. I really like Highlands, but that may just be me.

ExtrabiomesXL: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…rsal-3-16-2-for-mc-1-7-10

To both of you : I much, much prefer BOP. While it is a bit heavier (Read : A tiny bit.) for the server, it feels much more alive. More grass, more plants, more trees, more biomes, etc... I'll take some screenies later so people can compare better. If nobody agrees with BOP (I feel it has something to do with its popularity.) then EBXL would be my second choice as it's much lighter, even more than Highlands which in my opinion looks like a mountainous vanilla wrapped in sadness. (Hahaha, wonder if someone will get that reference. ;P)

IHL needs to stay, it is a lot more complicated and feature complete than GT6 :P

I agree with that. I mean GT6 is far from complete so being more "feature-complete" ain't that hard, but I really enjoy the complexity of the mod. Depending on if K4 evolves to be the middle server or if it stays the small one, the smaller one might not have it featured. However, all other servers would.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

What I think should happen, as of right now. (Meaning at a point where I DO NOT have everybody's opinion, so things WILL change.)

1st server I'll start referring to as Kirara - Basic. It will basically be K4. Lightly modded, very little tweaks. 30-40 mods. This one shouldn't take too much of my time and should fit GT purists and should accomodate people with weaker computers. World gen will stay vanilla, of course. I would not have included TC honestly, but since it's already there and most of the world is built upon it, it has to stay. Modlist should stay basically the same, give or take a few.

2nd server I'll start referring to as Kirara - Extended. This server will be brand new and will replace one of Kirara 2.0 servers. More mods to liven up the experience. Around 60-70 should be plenty if we choose them carefully allowing us to have an all-around solid tech modpack. I think having BOP or EBXL in here would be beneficial. Depending on what the last server has, I think this could be a nice spot for EBXL. Unless everybody think they need ThaumCraft (Because you know. -CENSORED-) I wouldn't include it. While it IS a great mod, it breaks the balance of the game. GT is meant to be hard, complex and a tad grindy, ThaumCraft on the other hand, once you get used to it, give you access to bunch of stuff you'd usually have to pay much more for, such as easy automation with golems. Possible modlist will come later and should somewhat look like Pyrolusite's list, without Enviromine, as I'd keep that for the last server. All in all, slightly bigger, sorta middleground between Basic and Hardcore, tech-only server. I feel this might be the more popular of the servers.

3rd server I'll start referring to as Kirara - Hardcore. Another brand new server that would replace another Kirara 2.0 server. This one would probably come last as it is gonna take more work. If you haven't seen my other server's thread this would end up being somewhat similar without the magic touch the other one had as magic mods are basically impossible to balance against tech mods. Meaning this server would have all the tech mods of Extended, maybe a few more and would include an assortment of mods to make your life a nightmare. While it is challenging, I swear it's fun. This server would end up at around 100 mods. Possible modlist will come later. World-gen, if server doesn't explode on contact could feature ATG+BOP for worldgen because well, it looks absolutely stunning. While it IS really hard on the server, it is still slightly lighter than UB+PFAA so it shouldn't be a problem... But we'll see. What I would really like about this server is if you could leave it up to me. I've been making modpacks for 3 years now and I think I do have a really good idea where this should be heading. I would still consult people every now and then, but I'd like to get the last word for this one. Suggestions are always welcome though. EDIT : I'd like to tweak recipes to hell if you allow me to. I've already got plenty of recipes for a variety of mods, but keep the suggestions coming !

4th server would be temporary. It would be the GT5 server. Once everybody's done with it, it would silently get removed. As all other servers, people will be able to download the whole thing and modlist for a while. This would not spawn another Kirara 3.0 server, bringing down the number of servers to 3. I still don't know which one will stand last. That you will decide.

5th server, currently known as Kirara Test would close as well. If you wanna test stuff in creative, do it in SSP. Doesn't take longer and would help the server a tiny, tiny bit.

Sorry ONCE AGAIN for the really long post. Tell me what you all think about this.

Thanks for your time,

Arch.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• For all that are asking what will happen to me, I will be around and I might even keep my op status. I also expect to step in case of any accidents, like servers belly flopping.

As for the plans to diverge the servers. Please do a poll on who wants to play where and plan if they actually fit on one server. Installing qCraft was the way out of a pretty bad lag situation back when we only had 1 kirara, the current plan will pretty much close this door. Other than that, it seems that there are great plans for kirara and I want to see where it will go.

Nexey.. did I still forget to enable the wrench ?? (B:QuartzWrench=true its set to true now, either it was that way or arch did it ;))
    @Pyro.. I like your diet pack!

• @Kìrara future : I mostly repaired my computer, my fan is now working better ( my computer doesn't go from 20 degree c to 80 in less than 5 minute of playing minecraft ), and I figured out what happened with my 4 out 8 gigs of RAM not working :P

Hope after the exams I can rejoin :D

Also, one thing I miss horribly when I am on kirara is Buidcraft, pls, just pls, include it ;(
    with nerfed recipes ofc, pipe sealant using plastic, transport/fluid pipes being GT pipes + special glass, and DEAD mj/RF pipes being heavily expensive.

I mean we have forestry, why no BC ;P

• Official Post

I'd like to see BC, obviously nerfed to the point its transport item pipes become "obsolete" if compared to GT's (theres a big difference between them, but BC's is much cheaper for what it does). Fluid pipes can be effectively disabled with no harm to gameplay. Energy transport pipes will help us alot with forestry stuff.

• Arch, with 4 (3) different servers, Qcraft would become useless. My suggestion is to have two almost the same servers and one different (without Qcraft). For example, one of the same server will be based on Thaumcraft more than another - first would have BOP (maybe some addons and more adventure factor) and the second ATG/RWG4/Highlands. The third will be even more different in all aspects.

Talking about Thaumcraft, it adds some not really well balanced, (compared to GT Balance) but definetly interesting gameplay.
    Since MineTweaker have TC support, we can tweak TC a bit: http://minetweaker3.powerofbyt…aker:Thaumcraft_4_Support

I would like to support Pyrolusite with his mod suggestions such as:
    OpenComputers - it's well balanced compared to CC, fits GregTech.
    Roguelike Dungeons/Chocolate Quest - dungeons are fun (they are even more fun, when you are doing them with your mates). Mods are adjustable - you can edit dungeon loot (perhaps, to add precious GT stuff). It also fits TC. One of the downsides could be some OP stuff, but as I said, both mods should be adjustable. Special mobs/Dungeon mobs - are kind of poor version of thoose dungeon mods, but also could be an option if Roguelike Dungeons/Chocolate quest will be incompatible/unstable/unbalanced.

I'm not fully agreed with next Pyrolusite's suggestions:
    Twillight Forest - very well-made magic adventure mod, but it does have a lot of unbalanced stuff (again, compared to GT balance). It should be minetweaked very hardly somehow before being installed on Kirara.
    EnviroMine - innovative mod, brings realism for sure, but I belive not everyone will like it at least for the first time.
    Hunger Overhaul + Pam's HarvestCraft - the same, as EnviroMine. Brings more "pain in the ass" into food aspect.
    Custom NPCs - this one is just not fits Kirara, in my opinion.
    Other suggestions that are not mentioned here - I agree with them.

The mods I would like to recommend by myself:
    BuildCraft - I agree with what SpwnX said:"I'd like to see BC, obviously nerfed to the point its transport item pipes become "obsolete" if compared to GT's (theres a big difference between them, but BC's is much cheaper for what it does). Fluid pipes can be effectively disabled with no harm to gameplay. Energy transport pipes will help us alot with forestry stuff."
    Well tweaked (for example, tungstensteel drill tip in recipe of quarry), it'll bring fun. Also canonical Oil Generation. Oil Desert Biome brings more sense to build RailCraft railroad from your base to this biome in order to supply your machines with energy.
    ATG/RWG4 - important world-gen mods that creating stunning landscapes, more tactical base building and also adding pain moving through rugged terrain.
    Underground Biomes Constructs - fancy decorative stones, no more dichromatic caves in your game.
    PFAA Geologica - makes sense instead of UBC. It's rocks are not that fancy for building purposes though.
    Thaumic Horizons/another TC addon - to expand Thaumcraft. Not really necessary, but would be interesting.

• We can't even use Qcraft if we have mismatching mods, so that basically throws that idea out the window. There's honestly no point in having it if the modpacks we're gonna be using are even slightly different.

For the hardmode server I agree that thaumcraft should be minetweaked.
    PFAA - Last time we tried it it lagged the server for weeks. I'd be happy to stay away from it honestly (I quite enjoy Greg's oregen anyway).
    Buildcraft - Yes yes yes yes yes. Minetweaked it would be so amazing to have this.
    Twilight Forest. I'd love having an adventuring aspect on the server (this and roguelike dungeons) so I'm all for this. But yeah maybe minetweaked a bit.
    Hungeroverhaul - I've always wanted to try it, and a hardmode server seems like the perfect place for this.
    Custom NPCs - Meh

• And admin anchor, sadly, that would be a no. Free chunkloading is not fun to me, and will make the server laggy once people quit and leave them behind. So, agreed with everything, but the admin anchor.

The second problem could be solved by using chickenchunks, i think. I heard it has a config option to shut chunloaders off after the owner hasn't logged on to the server for a certain amount of time now.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• I'd like to see BC, obviously nerfed to the point its transport item pipes become "obsolete" if compared to GT's (theres a big difference between them, but BC's is much cheaper for what it does). Fluid pipes can be effectively disabled with no harm to gameplay. Energy transport pipes will help us alot with forestry stuff.

Don't nerf BC stuff too hard. Don't forget that BC pipes are not "magic routing pipes" and require thought and almost always more pipes than their GT counterpart to do something.

Roguelike Dungeons/Chocolate Quest - dungeons are fun (they are even more fun, when you are doing them with your mates). Mods are adjustable - you can edit dungeon loot (perhaps, to add precious GT stuff). It also fits TC. One of the downsides could be some OP stuff, but as I said, both mods should be adjustable.
    Special mobs/Dungeon mobs - are kind of poor version of thoose dungeon mods, but also could be an option if Roguelike Dungeons/Chocolate quest will be incompatible/unstable/unbalanced.

Roguelike dungeons is balanced by itself, and is harder with Special Mobs, almost requiring you to go with a group for some floors (the nether one in particular).

Twillight Forest - very well-made magic adventure mod, but it does have a lot of unbalanced stuff (again, compared to GT balance). It should be minetweaked very hardly somehow before being installed on Kirara.

Agreed, but it's PvE content, and it's awesome PvE content. So yeah, I'd only suggest removing the uncrafting table, the rest is fair imo.

EnviroMine - innovative mod, brings realism for sure, but I belive not everyone will like it at least for the first time.
    Hunger Overhaul + Pam's HarvestCraft - the same, as EnviroMine. Brings more "pain in the ass" into food aspect.

These three are intended for a "hardcore survival Kirara" which means I don't want them to be implemented everywhere by default, just where the survival aspect will be the focus.

Custom NPCs - this one is just not fits Kirara, in my opinion.

It depends what you do with it, ultimately. Its tools must be restricted to operators though, because NPC creation is an insanely powerful tool (especially mercenaries and timed rewards).

Also, I'm not very fond of the idea of having 100+ mods for a "hardcore survival Kirara", seems way too much in my opinion.
    The server must be able to keep up with all what will happen, especially if you put Zombie Awareness in the equation.

• Also, I'm not very fond of the idea of having 100+ mods for a "hardcore survival Kirara", seems way too much in my opinion.

100+ is probably arbitrary. I assume it means more mods than the other servers, which is understandable. I'd be happy with having a large pack full of hardmode features.

• Sad for the admin anchor, invutri said in his opinion 2 nether stars were worth free chunkloading.
    Oh well, with high stat enderbloom I'll be able to lag even more the server with pipes going everywhere to feed the anchors some enderpearls, might be less fun for the server to handle than some admin anchors considering I'll probably use the nethers to do some portal contraptions.

+1 for Twilight forest ! it's been heavily nerfed and you can only access the better bosses after beating the previous ones. Oh god I love this mod.
    We need a modder to make people using tech stuff (Thaumostatic harness excluded) in the twilight get debuffs, like blindess, slowness, weakness and poison so that they need to take the tech armor off. -1 for the uncrafting table though, everything else is too fun to be disabled (Trasnmutating powder or whatever it's called ftw!)

+69 for Roguelike dungeons. I once played with it. I died with a lot of worthwile botania stuff (Well it was worthwile because I was generating mana with a few dayblooms so mana was hard to get for me, by this time I was a lazy ass though) and I enjoyed raiding it. But you should disable the IC2 iridium loot in these dungeons. Raiding 5 dungeons gets you enough iridium to get the qsuit.

+9999999999 for BC! The only nerfs I would see is having the quarry disabled, the filler killing items, pipes requiring plates, the iron pipes would need steel rings and the diamond pipes would need a GT filter (the item, not the machines).

Hunger overhaul and Spice of Life are a must have. I like the percepective of having every foxes dying after 2 hours again and again :p

So, here's my list :

[spoiler=This mod list would be amazing]
    IHL, GT6, IC2, BC, Forestry, RC
    GC, TF, RD, BOP
    SOL, HO, Enviromine
    Redlogic, OC, Chisel 2, Carpenter's blocks, BiblioC and BiblioWood, Ztones
    That would bring us a 20 mods modpack, that is pretty great imo considering we have Enviromine, Spice of Life and Roguelike Dungeons which don't add anything new to the world (RD brings dungeons, but I mean it doesn't add more stuff). We have 15 mods on Kirara4 adding new items, mechanics and such, here with this list we have 17 mods adding new items and mechanics but TC isn't on and this is a huge improvement.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Disabling Steel loot to prevent skipping Bronze Blast Furnace is also worth considering.

Chunk loaders that disable themself after a week of no login are the right way. Admin anchors or automated fueld Anchors both keep running for MIA players.

Should there be small things that require adding a whole mod just for one thing, i might add them to GTExtras if you ask and they are easy.

100+ is probably arbitrary. I assume it means more mods than the other servers, which is understandable. I'd be happy with having a large pack full of hardmode features.

Blood'n Bones GregTech style?

• If you do choose to add a biome mod, I like EBXL more as BoP really feels bloated now and you can actually find vanilla biomes with it installed.

^^ I am also partial to EXBL over BoP for the same reasons.

Highlands's biome specific oregen was a good draw at that point, but GT oregen makes that irrelevant.

But as someone who's been enjoying the vanilla biome worldgen on kirara, I'm happy with just plain vanilla biomes as well. :D

• My vote goes to a server with the unofficial decompiled version of GT5 including the mods that we have on K1-K3. If that's going to be temporary I hope it won't be any time soon, since it's going to take many months to reach the fusion reactor age. Once I've built all the stuff there is to build, I'd probably go back to GT6 though. As for the other servers 100+ mods is a bit too much IMHO. I'd like to see opencomputers on one if sufficiently nerfed.

All your nerfs are belong to us