1.3 Out.

• Let's do this bookie style

<5 noobs make a thread/whyunoupdate comment 1:3
    >5 <10 noobs make a thread/whyunoupdate comment 2:3
    >10 noobs make a thread/whyunoupdate comment 1:7
    0 noobs make a thread/whyunoupdatecomment 1:290,539,523

Place your bets people! Get your white hot bets here!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• My thoughts on the new features:
    Cocoa Growing - Cool, I'd love to play with these.
    Trading - I will be disabling this on my server ASAP. Minecraft is one of those games that is clearly designed to not have NPC trading. However I'm hoping Bukkit plugins will be capable of utilizing the GUI/client coding for better player 2 player trading.

• Official Post

My thoughts on the new features:
    Cocoa Growing - Cool, I'd love to play with these.
    Trading - I will be disabling this on my server ASAP. Minecraft is one of those games that is clearly designed to not have NPC trading. However I'm hoping Bukkit plugins will be capable of utilizing the GUI/client coding for better player 2 player trading.

no more ssp-only mods :)

• -idly wonders how long it will take SSP only mods to make the jump- really thinking of Thaumcraft and logistics pipes here. I'm not certain, but were devs able to use the snapshots to get things rolling? Beyond that, it doesn't look like there was a new forge push, so I guess we have to wait for that before we can even hope for mod updates.

• Official Post

-idly wonders how long it will take SSP only mods to make the jump- really thinking of Thaumcraft and logistics pipes here. I'm not certain, but were devs able to use the snapshots to get things rolling? Beyond that, it doesn't look like there was a new forge push, so I guess we have to wait for that before we can even hope for mod updates.

Logisticspipes is already SMP (unofficially) and Thaumcraft will get replaced with Arcanacraft.

• Ah, right. I forgot that there was a port done. Also, I've heard that IC2 will not be releasing for 1.3, but will wait on the API. Is that true, or did I misread that?

• Wonder what will happen to single-player only mods, like BTW (is that ssp only?) and others, like if you open up a lan with one installed, could friends join? Bound to be interesting.

MinecraftCreeper =Ahh fuck!
    :Nuke TNT: = SHIT!
    MinecraftCreeper+ :Nuke TNT: =SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, WE ARE ALL CLUSTERFUCKED!!!!

• Wonder what will happen to single-player only mods, like BTW (is that ssp only?) and others, like if you open up a lan with one installed, could friends join? Bound to be interesting.

All mods will have to be made SMP-compatible or they won't work with MC 1.3.1+

• We first need to evaluate whether porting to 1.3 will have direct benefits for IC2 and how much work it would be to pull off the port.
    I personally wouldn't mind sticking to 1.2.5 until the API is released, but as soon as the other Tek-Mods update we'll be forced to do so as well.

That's your say for any update. Me and Player are going to update it to 1.3 and you won't even know >:D

• We first need to evaluate whether porting to 1.3 will have direct benefits for IC2 and how much work it would be to pull off the port.
    I personally wouldn't mind sticking to 1.2.5 until the API is released, but as soon as the other Tek-Mods update we'll be forced to do so as well.

I don't think that 1.4 with mod API will be anytime soon.

• -idly wonders how long it will take SSP only mods to make the jump- really thinking of Thaumcraft and logistics pipes here. I'm not certain, but were devs able to use the snapshots to get things rolling? Beyond that, it doesn't look like there was a new forge push, so I guess we have to wait for that before we can even hope for mod updates.

Vswe said it'd be a while for Steve's Carts as he's basically going to have to learn all about SMP coding for mods. Neat looking mod there but with redpower, forestry and railcraft it doesn't really do much that I could do with other mods.

I don't think that 1.4 with mod API will be anytime soon.

I saw 6 months somewhere but I forget where.