[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

So, one Question: What else could a Trade-O-Mat in Cheat Mode do, other than an Admin Shop? Especially, since it becomes indestructible, once you insert the Cheat Item.

Supply infinite items without actually selling/buying anything.
    By the way, what about a support for liquids (for both trading, admin shopping and duplication.)

• To expand on the Steam Tools idea:

Steam Jackhammer: Same as Bronze Jackhammer, but runs on steam. 100mB steam per operation.
    Steam Drill: Similar to a Mining Drill, but runs on steam. 250mB steam per operation.
    Steam Saw: Similar to an Electric Saw, but runs on steam and cannot be used to craft planks/sticks. 100mB steam per operation.

Steam Pack: Steam tools have no internal storage, so you must wear a Steam Pack in order to use one. A Steam Pack can be filled by inserting it in a Pressurized Steam Tank, filling up to a maximum of 100000mB (100 buckets) Steam. While worn, leaks steam at a rate of 1 mB per tick. Iron Steam Packs hold half as much and leak twice as much steam.

Pressurized Steam Tank: A tank that can accept steam input from all sides, but does not output steam by default! You will need a Pump Module to extract from this. The Steel version holds 1000 buckets of Steam, whereas the Bronze version holds only half as much. Has a GUI that shows the amount of steam inside, and a slot for filling your Steam Pack.

Electric Steam Boiler: A multiblock that provides a way to convert EU and water to steam! Has a 300-second warmup time during which EU is consumed but not water. Accepts any machine casings behind it in a 3x3xN solid block, N <= 5. Maximum input of 8192 EU/t and does not accept Overclocker Upgrades. Steam will automatically be ejected to an adjacent inventory if present. Turns on when provided with both EU and water (use a Redstone Machine Controller to make it togglable).

Configuration:

Has a lossy base conversion ratio of 1 EU -> 1.1mB steam and a base output of 100 mB/t. Machine casings add to this number. You can mix-and-match machine casings freely, like with the Industrial Blast Furnace.

Upgradeable with Kanthal and Nichrome Heating Coils in sets of 4; each upgrade increases Steam per EU by 0.5 mB (so the steam output doesn't change, but it uses less EU). This number is capped at 2 mB/EU regardless of your casing setup.

• Standard Machine Casing: Increases steam per EU by 0.01mB, and output by 10 mB/t. A max-size (3x3x5) standard casing boiler would produce 1.55 mB of steam per EU, and have an output of 550 mB/t.
    • Reinforced Machine Casing: Does not increase steam per EU, but increases output by 20 mB/t. A max-size reinforced casing boiler would produce a whopping 1000 mB/t of steam, but only at 1.1 mB/EU.
    • Advanced Machine Casing: Increases steam per EU by 0.02mB, and output by 16 mB/t. A max-size advanced casing boiler would produce 2 mB of steam per EU (lossless), and have an output of 820 mB/t.

Yes, you can have a EU Loop by using a Steam Turbine with Carbon Rotor (your surplus will be like 200 EU/t). But if you want to spend 90 Advanced Machine Casings for 200 EU/t (which burning the coal used to make the turbine rotor would probably already give you) instead of making a Fusion Reactor, go for it.

-Recipes-

Steam Jackhammer:

Steam Drill:

Steam Saw:

Steam Pack: (Iron version recipe replaces all Steel parts with Iron versions)

Pressurized Steam Tank: (Bronze version recipe replaces all Steel parts with Bronze versions)

Electric Steam Boiler:

• +1

• Suggestion for Gregtech:

New item: security terminal & security camera

These two blocks should be linked by a standard frequency method (used in teleporters for example). Once they are linked the player can use a security terminal to change his point of view to camera's location (with ability to rotate POV, but he should not be able to move and interact with items obviously). More importantly cameras may be turned on/off from the linked terminal. Turned on camera works like a chunk loader, which keeps the area around the camera working even without players presence around the camera or terminal.

New item: security terminal & security camera

These two blocks should be linked by a standard frequency method (used in teleporters for example). Once they are linked the player can use a security terminal to change his point of view to camera's location (with ability to rotate POV, but he should not be able to move and interact with items obviously). More importantly cameras may be turned on/off from the linked terminal. Turned on camera works like a chunk loader, which keeps the area around the camera working even without players presence around the camera or terminal.

Did you know it could cause HUGE laggies :O Like, Security Camera is like world in world :/ But, I guess it can work if it will be like Minimap stuff but 3D :3 Inspiration can be drained from EnderIO, which make render blocks like "camera"

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• I think it could actually work if you would do it right. Of course in theory, Greg added Stargates last year.

Heck where? :O

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Official Post

8 planks of sengir

How are you getting the 8 dragon eggs?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• How are you getting the 8 dragon eggs?

1. make a ring of tesla coils, just like the end portal.
    2. place lava underneath it, also like the end portal. THIS IS IMPORTANT!! It's probably also a good idea to just put lava everywhere you can, so long as it's exposed to the coils.
    3. Now, the wiring has to be done very carefully, or else you'll just die: start with the coils farthest away from your power source, and make sure all of the coils are connected BEFORE you put in the last one. Oh, also, the voltage has to be at least 512 eu/t. Minimum. Yes, I know the wiki says they'll explode, but they shouldn't if you do it right.
    4. Step through the portal you just made and kill the ender dragon.

EDIT: Oh, also, I just remembered: You cannot do this in a creative world, nor in creative mode. Has to be survival.

• Actually you can craft an ender dragon egg from a chicken egg and an eye of ender as soon as you reach exp level 1000. Your levels will be spent in process though. :)

Alternatively there is a very low chance of dragon spawning if you drop a chicken egg and crash it... Just make sure that there is enough space above for a dragon to spawn. :P

• Power storage boxes you can have them for each tier of power storage. In my example I am only going to use an MFE to keep it simple.

So place down a MFE Power storage box next to a MFE and it will form a Multiblock. Will increase the storage for the MFE but not change the input or output. Like the “Energy Orb upgrade” but it a box that can be pickup and move if needed. When removed from the MFE it still keeps its power but doesn’t output unless it’s connected to a MFE. This could be very handy for mid game if you have more than one base, just fill it up and take it with you.

Depends if it’s OP..... but maybe it can charge tools only if not connected to a MFE.

New items: Collector's stands

I wonder if it is possible to add special chests with dedicated slots for certain ingame items. Each slot may only accept one of every particular item (or stack of 64 for advanced version), which goes directly into a dedicated slot for this item. For example, the player can put into a collector's stand a sample of each type of gregtech dusts and can see what dusts he did not obtain yet.

Collector's stand: dusts & Advanced Collector's stand: dusts
    Collector's stand: ingots & Advanced Collector's stand: ingots
    Collector's stand: cells & Advanced Collector's stand: cells
    Collector's stand: gems & Advanced Collector's stand: gems
    Collector's stand: tools
    Collector's stand: armor
    Collector's stand: weapons
    Collector's stand: tech components
    Collector's stand: books
    Collector's stand: disks

Obviously when new items are added into the mod, then a corresponding collector's stand should be updated as well.
    If a certain collector's stand is fully completed, then an achievement may be added to achievement system.

PS: New goal for players is never a bad thing.